carlos condit shows inherent flaws w/mma scoring

in his last two fights, he seriously brought it...came out with great technique and aggression, doing more damage to his opponents than he received...yet hes 0-2, mostly because his opponents used tactics to AVOID the fight, which ultimately scored the points to give them wins...

it makes NO sense that fighters are actually incentivized to nullify action and to avoid fighting, which is exactly the point nick was making....

that being said, people complain about the way guys like gsp fight...i do too...but in reality you cant blame him because he is just using an extremely smart gameplan to win in accordance with the current scoring criteria...this wont change, and it will actually become more prevelant as fighters learn to gameplan better, unless and until the scoring criteria is changed...

I agree, I think Carlos got robbed.

The main problem is with the way it's round based rather than total fight based. Phone Post

Condit's Face Broke My Hand - 

The main problem is with the way it's round based rather than total fight based. Phone Post

no...regardless of whether its round based or based on the total fight..if u tell a guy like gsp, hey you hold this guy down and you win...he will do it all day and night...

Carlos won.

Taking down someone and doing no damage from the top...vs Condit who did all the damage from the bottom, sub attempts, got up several times.

Hendricks just laid on top.

Say what you will about GSP, he hit Diaz many times from the top, many sub attempts.

tikmovado - Johnny Won that fight.

He had more big shot and take downs.

All the little fags that like to cry about wrestlers should have wrestled from 5-6 on.

In a street fight I have never seen a striker take out a wrestler, most go out from the slam and then the knees to the head END it.

LOL @ you but hurts.

I didn't start wrestling at 5, but did at 12. And wrestling isn't a fight. U think on the street holding someone down will score points for the win? Phone Post

If u want to use the wrestling to put u in a position where u are finishing your opponent great. But wrestling itself should not be the end all be all of the fight. Phone Post

How can anyone score the takedowns for Hendricks when Condit was the one doing damage soon as it hit the ground?

Condit won 29-28 IMO.

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -

All the little fags that like to cry about wrestlers should have wrestled from 5-6 on.

In a street fight I have never seen a striker take out a wrestler, most go out from the slam and then the knees to the head END it.

LOL @ you but hurts.

I didn't start wrestling at 5, but did at 12. And wrestling isn't a fight. U think on the street holding someone down will score points for the win? Phone Post

You missed the knees to head part Phone Post

God I so agree Phone Post

Being slammed on the pavement, ouch, Pride style soccer kicks to the head after, fatality.

TX_432 -

LOL @ you but hurts.

You missed the knees to head part Phone Post

Really? Hendricks and Gsp knees their opponents in the head? Phone Post

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

LOL @ you but hurts.

Go get a buddy and wrestle on some concrete and tell me how wrestling isnt a fight.

even BJJ on concrete hurts pretty bad (i know from experience)

You need to take a seminar OP or you're just going to keep coming across ignorant.

Immaculata - You need to take a seminar OP or you're just going to keep coming across ignorant.

Seminar on what dumbfuck? Phone Post

lol at anybody thinking Condit won that fight. Did you you not see him get backed by hendrix in every single round on top of all those takedowns?

Lmfao at thinking condit won, wow.

Mufasatheking -
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

LOL @ you but hurts.

Go get a buddy and wrestle on some concrete and tell me how wrestling isnt a fight.

even BJJ on concrete hurts pretty bad (i know from experience)

I have never seen a fight where one dude holds the other down. Whether its on concrete on the beach on grass on molten lava. Y? Because holding someone down isn't a fight. Phone Post

IDOHARM - I disagree. Phone Post

Go on .... Phone Post

LOL @ you but hurts.

Its not a street fight. Phone Post