carlos condit shows inherent flaws w/mma scoring

This is precisely what Nick Diaz is arguing and why at the post-fight press conference he stated that he "hates" that Condit lost the fight.

There is definitely incentive to stall the fight. Condit was super aggressive and a pleasure to watch in his last two fights. I believe that if this #1 contender fight was a 5-round bout, Condit would have won. That said, I think that a guy like Johnny Hendricks is completely different than what the real complaining should be about. Hendricks gives chase and swings for the FENCES over and over again. He deserves credit; he's super exciting and if he doesn't land he literally tosses his opponents. I think he's a pleasure to watch and deserved to win last night. Phone Post

Just To make it clear, I am not bashing wrestling. Wrestling is great and effective tool, but that's all it is, a tool, not an end result. It's like footwork, which is great and important, but u can't win a fight by just footwork, u have to use that footwork to execute an actual fighting action.

If u take someone down and pound this shit out of someone like Jon jones that's totally cool. Jon doesn't take people down to avoid the fight/action, he takes u down to punish u. Totally different. The punishment should be scored, not the takedown or control. Phone Post

Doem - lol at anybody thinking Condit won that fight. Did you you not see him get backed by hendrix in every single round on top of all those takedowns?

'Backed'? I saw Conduit evade a lot of punches, it was hard to tell how many were landing. Fightmetric counted more significant strikes for Conduit in every round

http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/4221

deadlyonetwo3 - This is precisely what Nick Diaz is arguing and why at the post-fight press conference he stated that he "hates" that Condit lost the fight.

There is definitely incentive to stall the fight. Condit was super aggressive and a pleasure to watch in his last two fights. I believe that if this #1 contender fight was a 5-round bout, Condit would have won. That said, I think that a guy like Johnny Hendricks is completely different than what the real complaining should be about. Hendricks gives chase and swings for the FENCES over and over again. He deserves credit; he's super exciting and if he doesn't land he literally tosses his opponents. I think he's a pleasure to watch and deserved to win last night. Phone Post

I am not bashing Hendricks at all. He fought well and I like his aggressive style. But he won that fight based on the wrestling even though he was getting lit up on top. Phone Post

Tad Ghostal - 
Doem - lol at anybody thinking Condit won that fight. Did you you not see him get backed by hendrix in every single round on top of all those takedowns?

'Backed'? I saw Conduit evade a lot of punches, it was hard to tell how many were landing. Fightmetric counted more significant strikes for Conduit in every round

eh, you right its hard to tell what landed and what didnt. but it looked like condit was getting hurt and Hendrix was not.

They need to reward activity and strikes on your back more Phone Post

Tad Ghostal - 

and also, looking at fight metric and seeing two rounds where condit may have one more significant strike total (which counts anything other than a jab), but in those rounds seeing that it was obviously Hendrix that was getting the upperhand of the exchanges.

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

Just To make it clear, I am not bashing wrestling. Wrestling is great and effective tool, but that's all it is, a tool, not an end result. It's like footwork, which is great and important, but u can't win a fight by just footwork, u have to use that footwork to execute an actual fighting action.

If u take someone down and pound this shit out of someone like Jon jones that's totally cool. Jon doesn't take people down to avoid the fight/action, he takes u down to punish u. Totally different. The punishment should be scored, not the takedown or control. Phone Post

Thanks, couldn't have said it better.VU

MMAdotCOM - a wrestler, while trained to basically hold someone down in a match, would not do that in an actual street fight (where you're almost certainly training someone with little training). using wrestling training in a street fight, you can do awesome GnP on people that don't know bjj

yes, i have seen wrestlers do that many times..i have done that many times..neither hendricks nor gsp did that last night...

Immaculata - You need to take a seminar OP or you're just going to keep coming across ignorant.

Seminar on what dumbfuck? Phone Post

On scoring for MMA. Oh and try not to hurt your fingies typing so tough.

Condit won that fight IMO.

Immaculata -
Immaculata - You need to take a seminar OP or you're just going to keep coming across ignorant.

U r stupid as fuck if u don't think as a practical matter judges do not weigh wrestling and top control heavily. U may argue that those judges aren't scoring things in accordance with the current criteria but that in and of itself is a flaw in the criteria, its too ambiguous and complex. Phone Post

Doem - 
Tad Ghostal - 

and also, looking at fight metric and seeing two rounds where condit may have one more significant strike total (which counts anything other than a jab), but in those rounds seeing that it was obviously Hendrix that was getting the upperhand of the exchanges.

I don't disagree with anyone that scored it for Hendricks, but I found it very difficult to score watching live. It's easy to give rounds to the guy coming forward and being the aggressor but Condit was also very aggressive from his back, Fightmetric notes he landed more strikes overall and threw twice as many as Hendricks.

In addition to the 12 takedowns Hendricks scored did you see the punches that rocked Condit, had him covering up and back peddaling in rounds 1 & 2. Condit did win round 3 and if it was a 5 round fight Condit probably would of won.

Tad Ghostal - 
Doem - 
Tad Ghostal - 

I don't disagree with anyone that scored it for Hendricks, but I found it very difficult to score watching live. It's easy to give rounds to the guy coming forward and being the aggressor but Condit was also very aggressive from his back, Fightmetric notes he landed more strikes overall and threw twice as many as Hendricks.

but isnt it the more "effective striker" that is being judged in the scoring criteria? Hendrix was throwing bungalows, Condit looked like he was just surviving (although brilliantly.

Jesus KO'd stayrad - 
tikmovado - Johnny Won that fight.

He had more big shot and take downs.

All the little fags that like to cry about wrestlers should have wrestled from 5-6 on.

In a street fight I have never seen a striker take out a wrestler, most go out from the slam and then the knees to the head END it.

LOL @ you but hurts.

Do u see a lot of people get KO'd by slams or knee's while in bottom position while out on the streets ? Phone Post

Immaculata -

U r stupid as fuck if u don't think as a practical matter judges do not weigh wrestling and top control heavily. U may argue that those judges aren't scoring things in accordance with the current criteria but that in and of itself is a flaw in the criteria, its too ambiguous and complex. Phone Post

This thread should be about Cote vs. Voelker. THAT was a bad decision.

Naw, rooting for Condit but he lost. So did Diaz, even under "Pride rules" or any for that matter.

@Doem

I need to watch the fight again but I don't remember Condit looking wobbly at all, so it was hard to tell how effective Hendricks' strikes were.