Carlson Gracie Temecula - Anyone heard about this?

So if Jr was just bought out, why is Fabiano not part of CGT anymore?

"So if Jr was just bought out, why is Fabiano not part of CGT anymore?”

I think he’s pissed at Junior for not telling him about the buy out. I hope they make up, Fabiano was awesome when he’d come visit Chicago.

if he wasn't kept in the loop, that's not cool.

There is a lot to this story. I won't go into specifics because it would negatively affect Fabianos family and it's really not my place. Tom is an awesome competitor, friend and training partner and has always had the best interest of the school and its' student in mind. There was a lot of drauma and the school was suffering as a result. That's really all I can say about that. 

that's not enough.

we demand to know. we are the internets.

I just heard the whole REAL story... wow.

Crazy stuff.

Look, Drug Cartel or not, I'm not gonna judge people who are involved with a particular "cult/religious group" and their own personal beliefs. My aunt herself was into Santeria for many years, so I know there IS something to it.

and if he believes God is speaking to him --whether we believe it or not-- it has to be completely life changing for him.

Obviously, tensions got out of hand and kids got involved. I'm not saying it's right, but that's what happens.

BTW, I have no clue who this "Subcomandante Ramon" is, but if he would go out on a limb like that, just to save a box full of kittens, he can't be all bad.

Just my .02

God damn it Shen, Subcomandante Ramon is not going to like this. He keeps a low profile to avoid “Los Pepes”. 

So who is the new instructor now?

Humaita (Royler) opened up a 3rd location recently (South Temecula), place to go if your looking to train there, great guys and no drama!

I’m sure Royler appreciates your attempts to poach students for him. Kudos, assface!

PrinceAlbert - Humaita (Royler) opened up a 3rd location recently (South Temecula), place to go if your looking to train there, great guys and no drama!

lol @ no drama. You mean the Humaita school that was GB up until a few months ago? Get off your high horse dude. No school is 100% drama free

Yeah,Gumares jumped ship as well as another gracie barra black belt.There's now a "legit" gracie barra in town.Don't know who's teaching there,though.

Carlsons place has had at least 9 instructors over 3/12 to 4 years best as I can tell. Carlson, andre and hanette,Buiu and kikio,bill benevente,andre meneco,jaoa,fabiano,and a few more fill ins between instructors.

Now it looks as though a paolo fernando instructor is coming.This is comical on so many levels.

For those who have been there for the all the changes,how do you feel about it?

Did any of you get a little annoyed when year after year you were told Carlson was moving out in November? All you had to do was ask him directly.He would have told you otherwise.

Zwingli - Yeah,Gumares jumped ship as well as another gracie barra black belt.There's now a "legit" gracie barra in town.Don't know who's teaching there,though.

Carlsons place has had at least 9 instructors over 3/12 to 4 years best as I can tell. Carlson, andre and hanette,Buiu and kikio,bill benevente,andre meneco,jaoa,fabiano,and a few more fill ins between instructors.

Now it looks as though a paolo fernando instructor is coming.This is comical on so many levels.

Did any of you get a little annoyed when year after year you were told Carlson was moving out in November? All you had to do was ask him directly.He would have told you otherwise.

I don't recall Andre Terencio or Hannette ever teaching at Temecula and Jr was not planning to be there full time so that immediately cuts your list down from 9 to 6. The only people I know for sure who were designated to be a full-time teacher there were Joao, Fabiano, and Andre.

aaronlapoi - 
Zwingli - Yeah,Gumares jumped ship as well as another gracie barra black belt.There's now a "legit" gracie barra in town.Don't know who's teaching there,though.

I don't recall Andre Terencio or Hannette ever teaching at Temecula and Jr was not planning to be there full time so that immediately cuts your list down from 9 to 6. The only people I know for sure who were designated to be a full-time teacher there were Joao, Fabiano, and Andre.

You would be wrong.Do a little research. They weren't there long,but they both taught and the students were told they were going to be the permanent instructors.

As far as jr not being there full time, every one that signed up was told he would be moving to temecula by the end of the year and teaching full time.

I could go on,but people might get a little butt hurt over the truth.

Should we discuss the paolo connection.hahaha

Zwingli -
aaronlapoi - 

You would be wrong.Do a little research. They weren't there long,but they both taught and the students were told they were going to be the permanent instructors.

As far as jr not being there full time, every one that signed up was told he would be moving to temecula by the end of the year and teaching full time.

I like this new quote function on the iphone...I also like BJJ politics and drama...especially when it involves people I know! I also enjoy sarcasm... Phone Post

Zwingli - 
aaronlapoi - 

I have no clue what the Temecula students were told. Only know that Andre and Hannette were not there for very long, unless they went there after December 2009.

When the school first opened Jr. partenred with a guy who had investors. He pretty much put Jr. under contract to teach 2 weeks out of the month and do seminars. The school was named Carlson Gracie Temecula but Jr. had little, if any, real interest in the business. The 2 weeks that Carlson was in Chicago he would have other instructors teach.

Christian Kennedy was instructor #1 until he moved to Hawaii to start his own school. 

Instructor #2 was Andre Negao. He and Jr. parted ways after he opened up a Chicago school near Jr.s.

Jr. was getting screwed by the deal because he was working his ass off to get the school running and this partner of his was reaping all of the benefits so he pulled out. 

Next were Buiu and Kiko. They were employed by Jr.s partner at the time and were let go by him for whatever reason. After that the school changed names and that's when Bill came into the picture.

All of the previous students wanted to keep training under Jr. so we would meet up at a friends warehouse to train several time a week until something else could be worked out. One of the guys found an affordable space to train and Jr. became the sole owner. There have been 3 instructors since then, Maneco, Joao and Fabiano. 

And they've all had plans that conflicted with the school so it hasn't worked out. 

Since Jr.s school has opened he has consistently been coming out every couple of months for 2 weeks at a time to teach class and seminars. That's the story in a nut shell.

^ So, you're saying the information I shared about "Subcomandante Ramon", the Drug Cartel and the Santaria curse is incorrect...????

My bad, then.

I don't believe it's that cut an dry

Malachy Friedman - I don't believe it's that cut an dry
Does that seem cut and dry? Typing it makes head hurt because the school has been through a lot. There are a lot of factors here but I'm just a guy who wants to train. I'm not trying to air out anyones dirty laundry on the internets nor will I post anything that's going to affect someones family life. 

All I can say is that we've had good instructors who have made great contributions to the school but what really defines our school is the students. A lot of us have stuck together since day 1 and are only interested in training, fuck the drama.