Carlson Gracie's NEW TALENT

yea but Shiozawa can pretty much beat anyone at 135, so thats not saying a whole lot about Torres lol.

TTT for Torres

Best wishes to Miguel

I would put my money on miguel against any fighter in the world. When we train at the academy and I think that I have finally found a way to defeat him, he explains how 3 days ago, he thought about that attack and delveloped a defense to it. He is always 2 steps ahead of the game, which puts him 2 steps ahead of he people he fights. TTT for Miguel Torres, you deserve it. Eric

Nova Uniao has the best lightweights in the world all training together. So, having said that, I think that whoever Andre decides to put infront of Miguel will win. I will bet on it!

ttt

rolijuju

"Nova Uniao has the best lightweights in the world all training together"....

MAN GIVE ME A BREAK......NOVA UNIAO IS SUCKS....THEIR GAME IS OUT OF LINE.....MAYBE SHAOLIN BUT HE DIE BY G&P, HIS GAME IS IN DANGER RIGHT NOW.....IF GRAND MASTER CARLSON GRACIE SAID THE GUYS IS GOOD.....I PUT ALL MY MONEY IN HIS WORD.....

CARLSON GRACIE IS THE MAN.....

OSU.....

Is this the same guy that was supposed to fight Curran twice?

Roli you know what they say, even if you beat a retard in an argument you are still arguing with a retard.

Nova Uniao sucks?? wow somebody forgot to tell Shaolin, Joao Roque, Robson Moura, Charuto, and BJ Penn and many others, myself included how bad their games should be "ÖUT OF LINE" because they are using good shit to be pretty successfull in competitions

but oh well to each their own, its a shame though that everyone cant be respectfull on here

matt

I absolutely believe that Nova specialty are their lightweights.

There LW and below are absolutely incredible!!!

Man, that challege seems like alot of pressure, but if anyone can handle it, Miguel can. I think to appreciate his potential, you need to know a little about his background. Hes come so far without the fulltime support of any major mma team. He learned jiu-jitsu from good local guys like Langford, Eugene, Braulio. Boxing and kickboxing from from guys like Eugene. He took it all in, meshed it together, and hammered out alot of the MMA details on his own. He hasnt had a coach screaming in his ear to run faster or fight harder, he just makes himself do it, because he knows thats what you have to do to win. Even his prefight nutriton is spartan, and geared toward winning. Hes stepped into the ring, and fought over 30 times, winning most matches by ko, tko, and submission. Many of his opponents outweighed him by as much as 20 lbs. The guy took his first fights when he was only a teenager. He did all this while at the same time balancing fulltime college course work and a job. Amazing dedication from someone so young, or any age for that matter. Imagine what he will accomplish with the backing of a full time valetudo team and a living valetudo lengend.

I should also add that Miguel has trained with Marcello Monteiro(Braulio/Langford's trainer in Indianapolis), and is a Monteiro/Delariva purple belt I believe. I dont know everthing about Miguel's training history, and I apologize if I failed to give due credit.

Well, thats all I got to say. I have alot of respect for Miguel. Oh yea, hes also one of the coolest guys you can know. No ego problems man. Funny as hell.

P.S. Miguel runs his own school now, so if you want to train bjj, kickboxing, valetudo hes located in east chicago or hammond, IN.

Also: Team Corral is in Scherillville
Monteiro is in Indianapolis(www.bjjcoach.com)

i also am wondering about how much biggger ryan ackerman was when he beat miguel. i was at the fight and ryan didnt look all that much bigger then miguel if he was at all.

cheers,

jj

I am pretty sure that Ackerman/Torres fight was at 135 lbs.

Miguel Torres is a terrific fighter and a class act who puts people in the seats at home and will pit a huge heart and mighty skills against anyone he faces.

It just shows that Carlson Sr hasn't lost his eye for talent that he is backing this fine young fighter.

I have seen Miguel fight a couple times. He is very good. however, in some of the matches I have seen, he went against a some guys that had zero idea on ground fighting and it still took him 2 rounds, 15 minutes, etc. to finish. Unless he has improved greatly over the last couple years, I say there are tons of people out there that would handle him with ease. I may be off in weight classes, but with no doubt could most of the UFC lightweights and abu dhabi lightweights beat him. I would really like to see him fight in the bigger shows against some bigger names.

miguels arm barred his last opponet about 1 min into the first round.

Miguel has improved GREATLY. You must have seen him fight years ago.

any DVDs for sale with some of this kid's (no disrespect intended) fights?I am interested in watching him compete.

TTT for anyone that can tell me about any DVDs with Miguel's fights on them.

you can check with the people from the ironheart crown, I dont know if they produce their fights or not.

miguel has got some damn good shidokan skills.

He's every bit as good as everyone has stated. He also is among the most exciting fighters I've ever seen. ttt for Miguel getting some big fights.