Carnivore diet... TME

Lot of back and forth on this, but JRE has me sold.

Thinking of kicking off a carnivore diet on March 1st.

What am I getting myself into?

Your in for a lot of protein and animal fat.

4 Likes

Ultimate elimination diet.  At worst a month or two would be great for your gut and healing.  To stick on it you gotta go all in and do nose to tail or take organ complex pills and bone broth to balance it out and get extra glycine . No way in hell I could do it with my palate 

Chris, ask your brother. He lost a bunch of weight on that diet!

Might want to take some kind of roughage. Metamucil, Psillium Husk. Drink plenty of fluids.

You can also eat low glycemic fruits and watermelon and green plants (beans, broccoli).

It’s a bs fad diet 

3 Likes

I did it for about 9 months ate mostly ribeyes and New York's lots of eggs and bacon. First couple weeks you may have the runs a little bit but personally mine wasn't that bad my roommate at the time did it with me as well and he had the runs a little worse but it clears up after a couple weeks. As for my results it was the best I've ever felt same goes for my roommate mental clarity was at its peak gained a lot of strength while losing the little fat that I could lose. One of my best who I worked out with everyday asked me if I was taking anavar because of the results I was getting. The only reason I stopped was because I had a big move and things just got a little hectic and I kind of fell out of it.Im planning to start up again soon. What I tell people that asked me about it is do your own research and make your own judgment call everybody reacts differently to different diets personally I think this one is fantastic and I think humans thrive on meat. go look up the world carnivore tribe, Sean Baker and other educated proponents of the diet, And if you decided something you want to do. I do recommend people at least try to stay strict to it for 3 months to really see the results of it and how you feel. I know Joe Rogan said he felt a lot of the results within the month but I think he had a little faster reaction due to the fact that he already does not eat carbs or sugars except on rare occasions,most people's diets before they move to carnivore is generally pretty shit so I think 3 months is a good time to really get your system going on the diet.

1 Like

Every reputable diet that is directed toward health purposes is based heavily on fruits, vegetables, whole grains and beans, with reduced amounts of meat (especially red meat).

You might lose weight on the carnivore diet, but it's not healthy as a long-term diet.

supremexb -

It’s a bs fad diet 

I love when people state something as fact yet offer no argument as though their mere stated opinion is all you need to know.

lol

1 Like

May be healthy... But who the fuck wants to live like that? Sounds boring as hell, I'd rather die a little sooner personally.

1 Like

TFK_Kaneman82 -

May be healthy... But who the fuck wants to live like that? Sounds boring as hell, I'd rather die a little sooner personally.

That would make sense if all you could eat was raw broccoli and celery,  but we're basically talking about eating rib eyes.

What are your goals? i.e. what is motivating you to change your diet?

From what I know of nutrition it just doesn’t make sense to me. You don’t eat any leafy greens or other veggies at all? 

You would want to get quality cuts of meat and that would be pretty expensive. 

Also seems harsh on your liver and kidney.

goodluck though!

Been mostly carnivore since Jan 1. I eat some cheese too on most days, which some people are against. I also add some non-car ivore seasoning maybe once a week. For example, last might i made braised oxtails(smoked for 2hrs first) in which the liquid was a mix of water, half a can of diced tomato splash of apple cider vinegar and 2tbsp of brown sugar and some dried italian seasoning herbs. Most of the time Im eating NYs, ribeyes, meatloaf, and eggs with some leftover steak fat slices.

I did keto for several months  efore on recommendation of my doc. Benifits....easier than keto where you worrying about %of fat. Get more protein than keto. Im a walking mass of pain, keto and carnivore greatly 8mproved my inflamationa nd pain. BP lowered significantly from pre-hypertension levels to normal or below 120/80 many times I check....I like to check sometimes within 2-3mins post workout and I'll be 120s or 130s over mid 70s or 80s with a heartrate still in 110-120bpm. Keto helped me lose 28lbs...some of that was muscle mass. I 5hought carnivore would help gain back....I lost ~4 more damn pounds.

Over time, myself and a coworker see energy levels reamin stable....we push through lunch installing commo and networking related equipemnt and dont run flat on energy like when blood sugar crashes. After a while  eating this way, you gradually seem to eat less as long as you eat enough fat and to satiaity. Look for book by Shawn Baker for info, and he has youtube vids.

DollawayGotFistedByAPillow -

From what I know of nutrition it just doesn’t make sense to me. You don’t eat any leafy greens or other veggies at all? 

You would want to get quality cuts of meat and that would be pretty expensive. 

Also seems harsh on your liver and kidney.

goodluck though!

liver function tests are in the teens and kidney, BUN, creatinine, etc are all fine.

1 Like

Later

^^Not for nuthin', but one fella's bloodwork after kinda sorta not really being on a diet for less than two months isn't what I'd call compelling data for that diet's long-term outcomes.

Chris,

A bunch of us did the Carnivore diet a year and 1/2 ago.   Some of us lost a lot of weight.   One guy Cory lost like 80 pounds.  Your brother Jason lost a lot also.   We all tracked our weight losses in this thread.   Jason did amazing.

“March Meatness” Carnivore experiment for March        GayBred

Lazarus - Every reputable diet that is directed toward health purposes is based heavily on fruits, vegetables, whole grains and beans, with reduced amounts of meat (especially red meat).

You might lose weight on the carnivore diet, but it's not healthy as a long-term diet.

This is correct.

* On a SideNote: Your body will lose fat, of course, because you are limiting carbs but it is not a healthy way. It is hard on the body (liver and kidneys) and does cause inflammation. I would do short term if weight loss is your goals.

1 Like

Moke -
TFK_Kaneman82 -

That would make sense if all you could eat was raw broccoli and celery,  but we're basically talking about eating rib eyes.

Which gets old pretty fast imo. Especially when you pretty much have to cook them the same way. I just couldn't do it man, I love food too much.