Carson....not a real fan?

It's a little suspicious that he named the two most recent big fights in the UFC as his favorite.

Was he just a slow thinker on the spot or did Rogan decide to expose Carson as not that big a fan?

Yeah he was suspect.

"Hi I'm Carson Daly, and I'm completely average in every way"

Say what you will about Carson, but you cannot deny that he is giving UFC publicity on a regular basis. Winner of Chuck/Tito fight will be on his show. Not too many mainstream, non sports shows will give them the time of day. As long as he wants to hype MMA, I won't knock him.

"Say what you will about Carson, but you cannot deny that he is giving UFC publicity on a regular basis. Winner of Chuck/Tito fight will be on his show. Not too many mainstream, non sports shows will give them the time of day. As long as he wants to hype MMA, I won't knock him."

Correct.

lol @ MattBenwa

He said he has become a fan over the past year

If he didn't have some kind of interest in it he wouldn't have UFC fighters on his show.

Good exposure either way.

That was kinda low of Rogan,he shouldn't have put him on the spot like that. At least a heads up before the interview would have been nice.

I actually think Carson is an alright TV personality and I'm very grateful to him (and/or nameless network personnel) for offering such high level exposure to our sport.

However, is it possible that Carson couldn't think of a single decent fight in UFC history and just named two big recent fights which had been mentioned earlier in tonights promotion?

Or maybe he is really a big (albeit new) fan of the sport who just couldn't think of two better fights as his favorites.

Either way, the exposure is good.

I will be watching Carson Daly, for the first time, this Tuesday when he has Chuck back on.

Definitely good exposure. The sport needs more fans like him, even if they've only followed for a year.

I guess i will actually have to watch his show lol.

That was the first thing I noticed, but then I remembered that he said he had become a big fan 'especially over the last year'.

It made sense then.

I just started watching the ppv again and Carson made it pretty clear he was a new comer to MMA. He also showed a lot of enthusiasm towards it. I don't know much about him, other than that he hosted a teeniebopper show on MTV, but I like seeing people get excited about MMA.

Joe Rogan "put him on the spot" by asking him which UFC fight was his favorite? LOL