Cartels show up Chicago:18 dead in shootout

Drug Gang Shootout Leaves 18 Dead In Mexico: Government

The gunfight happened in a remote area of northwestern Zacatecas state, said Rocio Aguilar, a spokeswoman for the state government.

Mexico City, Mexico :

A shootout between suspected drug cartels left 18 people dead Friday in Mexico, a government official said.

The gunfight happened in a remote area of Zacatecas state in the country’s north, said Rocio Aguilar, a spokeswoman for the state government.

Drug-related violence has claimed more than 300,000 lives in Mexico since 2006, when the government started deploying federal troops to fight the cartels.

“There were 18 dead, and the confrontation occurred in the community of San Juan Capistrano, in the municipality of Valparaiso,” Aguilar added.

The battle was between rival gangs fighting over turf, she told Milenio TV.

Valparaiso borders Jalisco state, a stronghold of a powerful cartel called Jalisco Nueva Generacion.

Authorities say the gang is waging a violent campaign to take control of drug trafficking routes.

Three vehicles, one of them burned-out, were found at the scene, as well as “a significant number of casings of different calibers,” according to the government’s Local Coordination Group, in charge of security in Zacatecas.

Local media have reported a series of shootouts since Wednesday, when the bodies of two police officers were found hanging from a bridge in Zacatecas.

1 Like

8 Likes

If they only kill eachother then good riddance.

1 Like

What about Chicago ?

1 Like

What does this have to do with Chicago?

I’m always surprised more cartel violence doesn’t spill over the border. For the most part they seem to keep it tame once they cross into the US.

1 Like

Chicago violence doesn’t even register when compared to the cartels.

1 Like

I read kidnappings were so high in places like Phoenix AZ because of cartels. Don’t know how true it is, just what I read.

The title is poking fun of the lack of accuracy in Chicago’s gang wars.

3 Likes

Everything is going according to plan.
The border is to the north ladies and gentlemen…right this way…

1 Like

The cartels use semi automatic rifles when they get in gun fights not little .32 acps, that combined with Mexican healthcare is why you get body counts like this in Mexico and not Chicago. The intent is still there the Chicago gangs just suck at inflicting violence like they suck at everything else in life

1 Like

Gunfight at the Olé Corral.

3 Likes

First world health care isn’t going to help much when your being decapitated or buried in a mass grave.

1 Like

gunfight at the Jose corral

4 Likes

It’s starting to spill over. Listen to Ed Calderon about the cartels. He said it’s only a matter of time before bigger things start happening in border states …

1 Like

It used to be that they feared US retribution. Now we have a president that’ll get on his knees to suck them off.

I wonder if Broly was there?

1 Like

the office finger guns GIF