Carwin/Lesnar off for 108

From Carwins blog:

http://www.shane-carwin.com/profiles/blog/list

Guys my manager Jason Genet just told me that UFC 108 is not happening. Brock has Mono and what the UFC has told me is that I have earned the title shoot but I have to wait for the title holder.

I hope Brock gets well soon. I highly suggest he get into a Max Muscle store because they have the best advice and supplements to support that advice. It really is the only way to make it through the grueling weather and training we live through.

Here's to spending some time with the family and eating as much as I can at Thanksgiving.

Thanks to my amazing sponsors Max Muscle, Beaver Buzz Energy, PerformanceMMA, Nightrider Jewelry, MTX Audio, and Warrior Wear.

-Shane

beat me too it. But yeah, the UFC is gonna have a hard time fixing this 108 card. terrible terrible news.

How long before UG news posts a link to another MMA website with this?

welcome to yesterday, enjoy your stay

wildhog - welcome to yesterday, enjoy your stay

actually, it was just confirmed today.

not only that, but there has been no thread on it being confirmed. i actually used the search function.

bam57bam - 
wildhog - welcome to yesterday, enjoy your stay

actually, it was just confirmed today.

The blog posted was posted by Carwin yesterday:

UFC 108 Not Happening For Me

* Posted by Shane Carwin on November 4, 2009 at 7:40pm*

I feel for shane. He's not getting any younger. Here's to all of us staying healthy....

ebullock - From Carwins blog:

http://www.shane-carwin.com/profiles/blog/list

Guys my manager Jason Genet just told me that UFC 108 is not happening. Brock has Mono and what the UFC has told me is that I have earned the title shoot but I have to wait for the title holder.

I hope Brock gets well soon. I highly suggest he get into a Max Muscle store because they have the best advice and supplements to support that advice. It really is the only way to make it through the grueling weather and training we live through.

Here's to spending some time with the family and eating as much as I can at Thanksgiving.

Thanks to my amazing sponsors Max Muscle, Beaver Buzz Energy, PerformanceMMA, Nightrider Jewelry, MTX Audio, and Warrior Wear.

-Shane

Shane, you ever get down to the Easton's in Denver?

I really don't get why Carwin has been guaranteed a title shot. Nog, Dos Santos, and Velasquez all seem more deserving at this point.

I think it is because he is undefeated. That was they can either say Lesnar defeated an unbeaten Carwin or Carwin remains undefeated, it is a win/win situation marketing wise.

lol @ recommending a supplement sponsor to someone who has mono..

Carwin has not fought since UFC 96, He has to get in there soon!

It was actually confirmed yesterday.

http://www.heavy.com/post/lesnar-out-of-ufc-108-main-event-1342

"I really don't get why Carwin has been guaranteed a title shot. Nog, Dos Santos, and Velasquez all seem more deserving at this point."

Nog maybe, but why would Dos Santos or Velasquez be more deserving?

Both those guys also only have 1 win over a top guy, just like Shane. Well, Dos Santos has 2, but Mirko was a shell of his former self.

Nog would be more deserving for what I think are obvious reasons.

Dos Santos would be more deserving because he has 2 big wins, and the Werdum win was clearly bigger than Carwin's big win as Werdum had beaten Gonzaga.

Velasquez is more debatable, but I'd give him the nod due to having 1 big win (Kongo) that's almost as big as Carwin's big win, plus 2 other solid wins (Rothwell and O'Brien) whereas Carwin has no other wins worth talking about at all.

Good post... So fucking what if it was confirmed yesterday. OP found good info, and posted it. There wasn't a dozen threads on the UG about it. If you're so special, and knew about it yesterday, maybe you should've posted it yourself.

More training for Carwin, to put a beat down on MONO man

Tomato Can - Nog would be more deserving for what I think are obvious reasons.

Dos Santos would be more deserving because he has 2 big wins, and the Werdum win was clearly bigger than Carwin's big win as Werdum had beaten Gonzaga.

Velasquez is more debatable, but I'd give him the nod due to having 1 big win (Kongo) that's almost as big as Carwin's big win, plus 2 other solid wins (Rothwell and O'Brien) whereas Carwin has no other wins worth talking about at all.
Rumor has it Nog and Cain are fighting early 2010

brock is waiting for his contract to be over so he can fight fedor for millions!