Carwin vs. Ubereem

Carwin seems like a great guy but Ubereem would KO him. He was stunned against Gonzaga and Neil Wain. I also think the jury is still out on him until we see him in at least three more multiple round fights.

Everything I have seen is on TV but he has been very impressive. He is HUGE and fast. It would be a tough fight for me. I would use my wrestling and try to win it on the ground. Standing with that guy can make your night and fight a lot shorter.

I want to train or fight with as many great athletes as I can during my time in this sport. Hopefully no regrets.

word/

Shane Carwin - anything after the 1st round Carwin will be in trouble:)

Lol I'm glad you have a good sense of humor about this. That 1st round against Brock was AMAZING. I think I jumped so high off the couch I could have dunked over Shaq.

Vs. Overeem wouldn't make it to rd 2. Very hard to call, would probably be whoever connected first. But the buildup and hype (and fight) would be incredible.

Can't wait to see you back in the octagon.

I think this is a hard fight to call Phone Post

after we see AO tested which should be soon in the sf hwgp i will go with carwin on this one but it would be a great fight and carwin would have to beware of the uber-knee

I see Carwin winning with GNP.

If Shane got him down, I could see him winning by GnP TKO.

If he kept it standing, he could maybe land a flush punch and KO Alistair but I highly doubt that would happen with Alistair's defense.

I'm 70%/30% for Alistair via KO/Carwin via TKO.

Would be an exciting fight.

Overeem would KO him but Carwin has a punchers chance. I don't see him taking the new Ubereem down. Phone Post

Shane by 5XL

Carwin wins TKO. Dude litterally has bricks for hands Phone Post

Shane Carwin - Everything I have seen is on TV but he has been very impressive. He is HUGE and fast. It would be a tough fight for me. I would use my wrestling and try to win it on the ground. Standing with that guy can make your night and fight a lot shorter.

I want to train or fight with as many great athletes as I can during my time in this sport. Hopefully no regrets.

You are one of the few who could win against the reem imo. Good luck training Shane.

battle of the gentle giants. i'd watch, interesting matchup

I disagree with Overeem beating Carwin fast or at all.Carwin
and his team have learned from the Brock fight,shane has the
power,size & wrestling to give Overeem fits!I truley feel Shane will come back as a wrecking crew towards all the heavy weights since his surgery!This guy is the real deal and his
lost to Brock eats at him every day i bet?Watch out heavy weights because Carwin is coming smarter & stronger than ever!
He will be the UFC champion sometime in 2012!

dnemo56 - I disagree with Overeem beating Carwin fast or at all.Carwin
and his team have learned from the Brock fight,shane has the
power,size & wrestling to give Overeem fits!I truley feel Shane will come back as a wrecking crew towards all the heavy weights since his surgery!This guy is the real deal and his
lost to Brock eats at him every day i bet?Watch out heavy weights because Carwin is coming smarter & stronger than ever!
He will be the UFC champion sometime in 2012!

Oh yeah, thats right; I forgot Overeem doesn't have power or size. Or experience. Or world class striking. Or mostly submission wins...

I'd like to see carwin clinch with Overeem like he did with Mir he obviously has tons of power there except Reem would have knees to worry about. Interesting fight either way Phone Post

Obviously standing I'd favor Overeem. Carwin is one of the hardest punchers I've ever seen but Overeem's movement and kicks would probably give Carwin problems. That said, Carwin could always turn one of those kicks into a takedown.

I know Overeem has a solid ground game but Carwin's wrestling is outstanding and his ground and pound is devastating.

Until Overeem proves that he won't wilt when pressed, it's tough for me to take him against someone as tough and strong as Carwin.

What the hell does Carwin know about calling fights? Leave that to us "experts" here ;) It would be the uberknee vs the double leg. Who blinks first?

Hey Shane thanks for the signed pic, got it in the mail a few weeks back.

Carwin wins by superior wrestling, and enough power in his hands to put Reem's lights out.

I think after Carwin's loss to Brock he's going to come back a MONSTER with great conditioning, and the hunger to take on all challengers.

Flying knee to the toofus...