Casual friends thought sonnen took a dive

Watched this at a bar and all the casuals, thought sonnen falling from strange blow was a dive

older guy was calling it the phantom fall there

I know a little late but ufc showing sonnen practicing spinning elbow right through the walk-out is very strange.

The fact they are giving him another title shot is even more weird.

it was like he was working is timing on it on the walk out

The fact is Sonnen made sure he didnt look like a bum in first round

then fell on a strange spinning back elbow, that shouldnt have made him fall.

He still was markeatable and another title shot came.

This guy already has a felony for money laundering, lied on a steroid form, he is the perfect person for this.

kyleburkle -

it was like he was working is timing on it on the walk out

The fact is Sonnen made sure he didnt look like a bum in first round

then fell on a strange spinning back elbow, that shouldnt have made him fall.

He still was markeatable and another title shot came.

This guy already has a felony for money laundering, lied on a steroid form, he is the perfect person for this.

Has some good points Phone Post

i dont know, the ufc is low on markeatable stars, and sonnen beating anderson , with the ufc expanding into a huge brazilian market, would be a huge blow to them

FinestScotch - 

I bet they also think Bonnar took a dive.

naaah not bonnar

he was just can bait for anderson to have a easy fight

Ugh, no.  He didn't.  Trust me on that.

Res ispa loquitur - 

What month is this? I'm confused.

i know, but this new footage i have seen in fuel of backstage, where chael is practicing his spinning back elbow right before he goes to walkthrough is so susipicios.

No way chael could have thought he could hit anderson with that.

I lke chael as well and will turn his fights on all the time. When my casual friends sad that after fight i blew it off.  But him practicing that elbow right before walkthrough makes me wonder

Since we're going all Conspiracy Theory here, how about Silva's knee to the face when Sonnen was on the ground?

Notice you didn't see a replay of Silva's knee to the body for a few minutes?  You know, until 'the truck' could make it not look so bad?

I waited forever to see that replay and it was chopped up and cut short.  Sonnen might have thrown a stupid backfist, but he took the illegal knee to the face like a boss and that's why he gets Jones.

Also, he's just about the only person that wants to do that outside of big heavyweights.  Other fighters might bitch about not getting the shot, but none of them were exactly chomping at the bit to take it.  Sonnen was.

Silva's very lucky he got a win instead of a DQ and a big part of that was Sonnen letting the illegal knee go, because the man is a visionary.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8056755@N03/6780454181/ - I believe hobble_001 - all rights reserved indeed.

I dont think he faked it but when I watched it that night I remember thinking about how Chael was caught money laundering and maybe he had some money of his own on that fight. Phone Post

Silva cheated so much in that second fight it's amazing he wasn't disqualified (he should have been).

Why would he take a dive? The better business move would've been to win, and set up that third match. That PPV would sell millions!

It wasn't a dive it was giving up. I made a thread about this right after the flight. Phone Post

Matrix Trip by the goat !! No dive .. Nuff said ! Phone Post

I dont think Silva would be grabing the shorts fighting dirty if the fix was in. Sonnen was also throwing strikes that coulda ended the fight with one punch that I just dont see happening.
I do believe fights have been fixed to some degree but not this one.

. Phone Post

Soul Gravy - Silva cheated so much in that second fight it's amazing he wasn't disqualified (he should have been).

.........LOL Phone Post

Are casual friends similar to friends with benefits?

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 

It wasn't a dive it was giving up. I made a thread about this right after the flight. Phone Post

Yeah, he was giving up after totally dominating the first round.

What did you thread say about the winning knee the UFC was afraid to show in a replay?

think about it you could make millions off fixing a fight if you are sonnen

the odds were failrly close and people, would bet all day if they new they had a sure thing