Cat Has Ticks

So my wife was checking over our male cat tonight and closer inspection revealed that he has a tick in his neck. He's outide pretty much daily so we check him once in a while. OK not a huge deal. So we didn't want to risk pulling it out with tweezers and breaking the head off so I ordered a tick twister tool off Amazon with 1 day shipping so we can pull this fucker out.

We decide to take another look at him and realize there's a whole bunch of them, really small and some almost look like eggs? We're going to take him the the vet as soon as we can.

Do ticks lay eggs on the animals body? I thought ticks just get picked up and once they're on your skin the just suck blood until they drop off. I'm disgusted here, are these little fuckers falling off.him everywhere in the house?

Any info is greatly appreciated

Basically do ticks Phone Post 3.0

Throw him in the fireplace.

Tiresias - They turn into bedbugs after midnight. Phone Post 3.0

Only if you get water on them

You bought a tick remover? A tweezers works just fine. Or you can heat up a nail or something and touch it to the ticks head. The heat will make it release. Phone Post 3.0

Once they find a host, they'll likely stay put. Ticks are usually brown to red to black in color. If they appear white on you, or lighter purple color, they've been on for quite some time and contain blood. I agree and think it's in your best interest to take your cat to the vet. They can then shave down the areas and make sure they get all of the ticks completely out. Where do you live? If they are deer ticks, you need to be concerned with Lyme disease. All the best! Phone Post 3.0

I live in the deep woods of Wisconsin. Ticks are major nuisance from April to July. Chat with your vet about control options for your pet. Phone Post 3.0

Bluegrass - Once they find a host, they'll likely stay put. Ticks are usually brown to red to black in color. If they appear white on you, or lighter purple color, they've been on for quite some time and contain blood. I agree and think it's in your best interest to take your cat to the vet. They can then shave down the areas and make sure they get all of the ticks completely out. Where do you live? If they are deer ticks, you need to be concerned with Lyme disease. All the best! Phone Post 3.0
Live about 500 km north of Toronto. Not sure what kind of ticks they are. My concern is are they falling off the cat and potentially getting on our indoor cat or the kids or my wife and I. Phone Post 3.0

I'm close to your neck of the woods... literally.  Keep the cat away from your bedding, carpets, and other pets if possible.  After you see your vet get a flea and tick oil that is applied down your cats back from neck to tail.  They're effective for at least a month (provided you don't bathe your pet more often than that). 

Check out this page for info about removing ticks:

http://canlyme.com/lyme-basics/tick-removal/

Here's another method.  This isn't for the squeamish:

Took the little bastard to the vet today. They pulled 1 big one out of his neck and about 15 little tiny ones out of his fur. They think he may have walked through a nest or something because the little ones weren't in his skin at all. Got a flee/tick topical treatment for 6 months so $230 later he's back home and tick free.

Thanks for the info! Phone Post 3.0