Catch Rules Tournament

We at the North American Catch Wrestling Assoc. would like to invite grapplers of all styles to come out and join us at the 2nd Liberty Bell Challenge/King of Catch Tournament this August 30th in Lawrenceville, NJ. Whether you’re from an amateur wrestling background, Brazilian JJ, SAMBO, Judo or any other style, we believe you will love competing in our events.
First, our matches are the best of 3 Falls, with each Fall being 12 minutes. That’s 24 minutes of mat time for just $60! Second, with no points, matches are a win, loose, draw format. As grapplers, we are there to do one thing, win with a finish. Nothing else feels the same. Also we allow all submissions as well as pins for the win. This opens up competition to the whole body of submission wrestling giving no favor to any one particular system, as well as pressing the action and not allowing for stalling.
Until you try us out, you just won’t know the intensity that is a Catch rules match. If you need any further convincing, just check out our website www.kingofcatchwrestling.com and see the full list of rules as well as location info and to register. We look forward to seeing everyone there!

ttt

Outstanding sir!
TTT Phone Post 3.0

Come to the south. Sounds fun Phone Post 3.0

so it's similar to NAGA, Grapplers Quest etc except there's no points? and best 2 out of 3? 24-36 minutes seems a long time to be grappling the same person, especially if it's a tournament? Phone Post 3.0

edited

@NACWA welcome to the UG. Hope you enjoy yourself here.
Enjoy! Phone Post 3.0

What are the weight classes?

TTT Phone Post 3.0

I like catch rules other than pinning Phone Post 3.0

Sub only no restrictions on submissions I like. Pins I do not like. Takes too much away from my game. Phone Post 3.0

With pins Bjj guys would be at a pretty large disadvantage right Phone Post 3.0

I like this Phone Post 3.0

Cool. What are the rules for pins, TS? I don't think you should be able to pin someone from inside guard or half guard.

Catch Wrestling fuck yeah! This is like 30 minutes from me. Phone Post 3.0

Welcome to the UG NACWA

Every bodies moaning about pins! Learn to sprawl and have a fucking top game, it's not that difficult. Phone Post 3.0

RockTheVote - Good luck. I don't understand why a pin would be considered a satisfying finish though. Phone Post 3.0
Total Domination sir! Having the strength and technique to grab a man and hold him down whilst he struggles and fails to escape is basically you saying "I own your ass, you can't do anything about it"
It kinda sucks ;-( Phone Post 3.0

Chadderz - Every bodies moaning about pins! Learn to sprawl and have a fucking top game, it's not that difficult. Phone Post 3.0
Not that difficult? Are you saying that what world class grapplers do isn't that difficult?

All people are asking is what the rules are regarding a pin, no one is saying that you shouldn't have a top game. Phone Post 3.0

forever white belt -
Chadderz - Every bodies moaning about pins! Learn to sprawl and have a fucking top game, it's not that difficult. Phone Post 3.0
Not that difficult? Are you saying that what world class grapplers do isn't that difficult?

All people are asking is what the rules are regarding a pin, no one is saying that you shouldn't have a top game. Phone Post 3.0
Everyone is moaning about potentially being pinned, which is one of the most essential rules of CACC and actually defines a lot about why the style is the way it is. To complain about it is basically saying "I don't like catch wrestling".

If you don't like being pinned either learn to sprawl and have a top game, or go and compete in naga, which is basically what people want. Phone Post 3.0