Caught home invader in the act

Guy broke into my car, used my garage door opener to gain access to my home.

Heard tippy toeing around in my kitchen last night when I was in bed. 2 daughters under 2yrs sleeping with a preggo wife watching tv downstairs.

Chased the guy around my neighbourhood until I gassed, then got my truck and tracked him down. Drove beside him with the fuzz on the line as he tried to bluff me, then bolted into a backyard. Going to look at some suspect pics tonight.

I feel very strange now. Like I gained a few life levels, but am still scared shitless for my family.

What say you, OG? Phone Post 3.0

Why you no shoot his ass? Phone Post

Should have run him over when you had the chance. Did you not have a weapon in hand when you go tout of bed to check to see if someone was in your house? Dude should have been housing a slug.

Happened to me too. 8 yrs ago. Dead of winter. Fugitive was hiding in my garage. Phone Post

Had a knife and a flashlight in my hands as I chased him. Halfway through the chase I realized I would probably go to jail if I caught him with my knife in my hands. No gun. Phone Post 3.0

does the door not lock to the garage?

Glad you are ok.

Hope you catch that guy.

Buy a gun Phone Post 3.0

shaqitup -

Yeah, but it wasn't locked. My wife and I were both up at the time, and locking of the doors is almost a bedtime ritual. Phone Post 3.0

Just be glad he didn't have a gun or you would have been at his mercy.

Authority Figure - Happened to me too. 8 yrs ago. Dead of winter. Fugitive was hiding in my garage. Phone Post
How did you manage afterwards? Phone Post 3.0

Hob - Just be glad he didn't have a gun or you would have been at his mercy.
Yeah, pretty much. I was also glad he was alone, I pretty much just blacked out with rage and chased after the guy. Phone Post 3.0

Poonug -
shaqitup -

Yeah, but it wasn't locked. My wife and I were both up at the time, and locking of the doors is almost a bedtime ritual. Phone Post 3.0
Get rid of the opener you leave in your vehicle ,get a fob type that goes on the key ring. Phone Post 3.0

You didn't hear garage opening? Bed side firearm is how you cope. Phone Post 3.0

CoreNobody -
Poonug -
shaqitup -

Get rid of the opener you leave in your vehicle ,get a fob type that goes on the key ring. Phone Post 3.0

Our garage door is locked at all times Phone Post

There would have been blood from a gunshot wound in my living room. Phone Post 3.0

0superdave0 - I say none of this happened, or it didn't happen the way you explained it.

Good thing no one gives 2 shits about what you say

0superdave0 - I say none of this happened, or it didn't happen the way you explained it.
Not trolling here man. Only thing I omitted was that this type of crime is common in our area lately I guess, and that my wife texted me from the basement asking if I was walking around the kitchen. I had just crawled into bed, and keep a knife and flashlight in the end table. Phone Post 3.0

I walked into my hallway upstairs just in time to see him slip back into the garage, and I ran after him right away. Didn't have a chance to confront him in our house. Phone Post 3.0