Cauliflower Ear

Hey guys got pretty bad cauliflower and just got it drained. Was wondering if headgear would really help. Also heard sleeping with headgear also helps too. Im young so I don't want cauliflower ears now when I go out at night and stuff. Was wondering if you have any suggestions. I'm cool with my ear hardening just not blowing up like it is now (kinda looks like Frankie Edgar's ears) Phone Post 3.0

Headgear or either a rugby scrum cap or water polo cap will help protect your ear when you train. If you just got it drained, the most important thing right now is keeping pressure on the ear so it does not just fill back up. Phone Post 3.0

I'd agree with the rugby scrum cap option they seem to stay on better
But fuck it get the cauliflower ear so everyone knows you're hard

I drained my ear mutiple times (always after training) a week for a few weeks. Reduce the amount you train to reduce the number of times it needs to be drained. I made a splint like thing with magnets and popsicle sticks to keep the ear from filling up while sitting around at home.

Headgear made my ear worse because it would shift and rub the ear more. I just tried to play a game where I avoided using my head or getting my head caught in bad places (ie having good posture).

My ear is noticably different, but nobody can tell I have cauliflower ear unless I point it out. Big, hard ears will get caught and banged more and then you end up with huge ears. I can't have huge ears because of my job.

Ear model ? Phone Post 3.0

I got cauli once when I first started and started wearing headgear every time I roll. I haven't gotten it since and its been about 8 years. Every once in a while I'll train without the headgear and it'll feel like my ear is about to blow up again. Just make sure you buy headgear that is soft on the outside and doesn't stick out a bunch so you are considerate to your training partners.

I got cauliflower ears 2 months in, got a headgear but stopped using it has soon as my ears hardened, they've been fine ever since.

gtownhoya -
SC MMA MD - Headgear or either a rugby scrum cap or water polo cap will help protect your ear when you train. If you just got it drained, the most important thing right now is keeping pressure on the ear so it does not just fill back up. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed. I had a pretty nasty case a few months ago. Draining will cause the swelling to go down in the short-term, but the swelling can come back. If the damage is severe enough, eventually the swelling will harden.

I ended up going to an ENT doc. The doctor cut a half-moon shaped line (about 1 inch) at the top of the inside of my ear. After draining it, he sewed a 1-inch tube on both sides of my ear (it looked like I had half of a cigarette on the front and back of my ear). 1 week later, it was removed and my ear looks pretty close to normal. Phone Post 3.0
Went to a dr for cauliflower ear?! No way not me! Phone Post 3.0

How are the bitches gonna know how hard you roll if you aren't sporting some cauliflower, champ?

I was always worried what people would think but to be honest everyone loves them. Phone Post 3.0

I've been doing bjj for almost 8 years and I don't have the slightest hint of cauliflower ears. How the hell do people get them, except by getting triangled a lot?

Barry Soetoro Jr - I've been doing bjj for almost 8 years and I don't have the slightest hint of cauliflower ears. How the hell do people get them, except by getting triangled a lot?

By being asian or part asian, I think.

Barry Soetoro Jr - I've been doing bjj for almost 8 years and I don't have the slightest hint of cauliflower ears. How the hell do people get them, except by getting triangled a lot?
Some people seem immune. Arm triangles are one of my favorite submissions, and people defending rubs my ears hard. I also drill and shoot doubles a lot, which can be hard on the ears as well. Phone Post 3.0

lets get dangerous -
thegreatone287 - I was always worried what people would think but to be honest everyone loves them. Phone Post 3.0
Lol girls always ah it's gross, but then can't stop touching my ears and I've had more than a couple tell me it turns them on, but then again the girls that like me usually have issues Phone Post 3.0
Yeah my missus was like that when I started now she drains them and massages them. Also asks her girlfriends what they think of them.

She is weird. Phone Post 3.0

lets get dangerous - If you train where I used to train no head gear would do you any good. It'd get pulled off mid roll and I'd get a forearm rubbed across it violently and I'd get told to stop being a little bitch. My ears are now beautiful.

Hope that helps Phone Post 3.0

+1

those plastic nose plugs that you buy for children when they go swimming...they put good pressure on yer pansy ear to keep the swelling down after you drain them. ive seen alotta girls i roll with do that. because they are girls. and they need to be dainty.

the one time cauli happened to me...i drained it...took some duct tape and taped it around my head tight a few times to keep the pressure on it. went to bed. woke up. took the tape off. like a man. very little damage. embraced it.

gtownhoya - 
youarewhatiswrong - How are the bitches gonna know how hard you roll if you aren't sporting some cauliflower, champ?
Sadly, my wife hates it. So, too, does my girlfriend and mistress. On the bright side, my boyfriend is a fan. Phone Post 3.0

^^This^^ LOL! 

VU

some people are freaked out by it, like its a birth defect or something. Even with the popularity of MMA, they can't grasp it. I've noticed people stare at it when I'm talking to them. When I get my hair cut, the girls use a comb to move my ear out of the way, like I have leprosy.