CBD / hemp questions - TME

Ok, lemme preface by saying that I know NOTHING about CBD, hemp, & the like.  So if any of this sounds dumb, that's why.  lmao

I know CBD has a shitload of health benefits, but I don't much care about that right now.  Rather, I'm looking for something that could be a replacement for drinking.

On Fridays, I like to drink some (either a few beers or some whiskey), listen to music, and unwind.  Nothing too crazy.  Just do it at home...it's my "chill" time.  But it's gone on for a long time and I'm just a bit "over" drinking.  But I would like something to just relax while listening to music.

A couple-few years ago, a friend got me some CBD gummy worms.  I have no idea what kind, what was in them, etc.  They were from some kinda retail kiosk.  Taking them didn't get me high or whatever (no THC), but they did chill me out.  Reminded me of the first time or two I took a xanax.

If I could take something like to smooth things out or buzz a little (for lack of a better word) while digging on some music, that would be perfect.

However, I have no idea if CBD, hemp, or whatever would do that.  I would just toke, but actually smoking always makes me sick - smoking almost anything does.  And I don't really know anyone I could get edibles from, or I'd just try that.

I know there's CBD & hemp oils, tinctures, gummies, pills, & more.  Went looking on amazon and I have ZERO idea what I'm looking at.

Wondering if any of this would be a good idea or anyone could give me a good recommendation / point me in the right direction.

Thanks & VUs to all help.

Cbd is non psychoactive 

thc is

you could do a balanced edible, get the cbd benefits , with a thc buzz. 

start small with thc, go from there. 

1 Like

“If I gotta be here in Huntington and help each one of these people have the focus to not to wear a mask. Please, people. Parents, please take your kids’ masks off. You’re ruining the health of their lungs, their immune systems. The kids are not going to catch COVID, man. I’m not a doctor, but let me tell you, I’m a person who has lived through life. Take your mask off your kids,” Tito Ortiz said.

“What happened to the flu? 98% has been erased. That’s kind of strange, huh? I’ve never taken a flu shot, I won’t take this vaccine shot. I don’t get a sh*t. They gotta pin me down. I know I shouldn’t have to be vicious like that because we live in American, and we pay taxes. And I pay a lot of taxes.”

The_Pundit -

Cbd is non psychoactive 

thc is

you could do a balanced edible, get the cbd benefits , with a thc buzz. 

start small with thc, go from there. 

Thanks for the advice.

Not to sound like a moron, but what is a "balanced edible"?  MJ isn't legal here in NC, so I can't go to a dispensary or whatever, if that matters.

MMA Playwright - “If I gotta be here in Huntington and help each one of these people have the focus to not to wear a mask. Please, people. Parents, please take your kids’ masks off. You’re ruining the health of their lungs, their immune systems. The kids are not going to catch COVID, man. I’m not a doctor, but let me tell you, I’m a person who has lived through life. Take your mask off your kids,” Tito Ortiz said.

“What happened to the flu? 98% has been erased. That’s kind of strange, huh? I’ve never taken a flu shot, I won’t take this vaccine shot. I don’t get a sh*t. They gotta pin me down. I know I shouldn’t have to be vicious like that because we live in American, and we pay taxes. And I pay a lot of taxes.”

Umm…thanks?  lol

Can someone recommend a reputable and consistent brand of CBD goods that I can get for my wife? She hasn’t been able to sleep regularly since giving birth and I’m hoping this will help.

My wife picked up some of these

I guess it has a little bit of thc but is still legal in Georgia somehow. I have found they actually do make you “feel something” (disclaimer, I have not smoked weed in any significant qty so I may be more sensitive than most)

1 Like

I just mean balanced as in 5mg cbd/5mg thc (those may not be the right amounts for you, just an example.) also a balanced ‘hybrid’ might be appropriate if you aren’t sure whether you prefer indica vs sativa.

I suspect there are some online dispensaries that would ship/deliver to your area.