CDC Reduces Covid-19 Death Count To 37K?

Maybe Im reading this wrong. The MSM keeps reporting the US death count at 68K while the CDC just said its 37K....who is right? What am I missing?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19):

The provisional counts for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) deaths are based on a current flow of mortality data in the National Vital Statistics System. National provisional counts include deaths occurring within the 50 states and the District of Columbia that have been received and coded as of the date specified. It is important to note that it can take several weeks for death records to be submitted to National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), processed, coded, and tabulated. Therefore, the data shown on this page may be incomplete, and will likely not include all deaths that occurred during a given time period, especially for the more recent time periods. Death counts for earlier weeks are continually revised and may increase or decrease as new and updated death certificate data are received from the states by NCHS. COVID-19 death counts shown here may differ from other published sources, as data currently are lagged by an average of 1–2 weeks.

The provisional data presented on this page include the weekly provisional count of deaths in the United States due to COVID-19, deaths from all causes and percent of expected deaths (i.e., number of deaths received over number of deaths expected based on data from previous years), pneumonia deaths (excluding pneumonia deaths involving influenza), pneumonia deaths involving COVID-19, influenza deaths, and deaths involving pneumonia, influenza, or COVID-19; (a) by week ending date and (b) by specific jurisdictions.

9 Likes

The_Pundits_Ghost -

Lol. You don’t even need to read the whole thing you posted. There are even pictures for you!

but, what the hell... let’s make up a headline. Lol

Im sorry, what part of what I posted is incorrect? Because I posted 37K instead of 37,308? PLease explain in detail.

2 Likes

Let's see if we can get it under 12k. 

1 Like

jsize03 -

SOunds like your very happy with more deaths...fucking sick and sad!

2 Likes

camicom -
jsize03 -

SOunds like your very happy with more deaths...fucking sick and sad!

Connect those dots. Nowhere is it said or even implied that I'm happy. How did you reach that conclusion? Or is it just your go-to response? 

Right at the top of the page:

Note: Provisional death counts are based on death certificate data received and coded by the National Center for Health Statistics as of May 1, 2020. Death counts are delayed and may differ from other published sources (see Technical Notes). Counts will be updated periodically. Additional information will be added to this site as available.

1 Like

"It is important to note that it can take several weeks for death records to be submitted to National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), processed, coded, and tabulated. Therefore, the data shown on this page may be incomplete, and will likely not include all deaths that occurred during a given time period, especially for the more recent time periods"

Miss that part? 

RdotC -

Note: Provisional death counts are based on death certificate data received and coded by the National Center for Health Statistics as of May 1, 2020. Death counts are delayed and may differ from other published sources (see Technical Notes). Counts will be updated periodically. Additional information will be added to this site as available.

So why is the MSM reporting 68K, please explain.

3 Likes

Wait, wait, wait...37.3k deaths from Covid-19 and only 5.8k from the flu? Can't be right. Didn't you know the flu kills more? 

There have been many threads showing total deaths in every country are sigificantly up from March 1st  to May 1st  this year, compared to other years.  Threads have been made.  Graphs have been posted.  

This is Brazil.  Not exactly a mass grave, but pretty close.

Can we bump the thread where you had problems figuring out 1% vs .1% and attach it to this one where demonstrate reading comprehension?

7 Likes

camicom - 
RdotC -

So why is the MSM reporting 68K, please explain.

Jesus fuck, you can't be this dense.

It explains right in your own link that they are only showing what has been fully processed through NCHS.

Other trackers are using real time reporting to try to give us an up to date view of what is going on.

Relying on weeks old data to make decisions would be dangerous.

But... you know that. It just doesn't fit what you want the narrative to be.

7 Likes

Josh -

Can we bump the thread where you had problems figuring out 1% vs .1% and attach it to this one where demonstrate reading comprehension?

Can we bump the thread with you advocating making money from sex slavery?

7 Likes

Someone give me a genuine reason why I should believe anything the MSM tells me. 

I’ll wait. 

2 Likes

kinson - 

Someone give me a genuine reason why I should believe anything the MSM tells me. 

I’ll wait. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

These people are not the MSM.

1 Like

kinson - 

I’ll wait. 

You can read about the scientific consensus on the issue without having to watch CNN, MSNBC, or FOX news.   

jsize03 -

Wait, wait, wait...37.3k deaths from Covid-19 and only 5.8k from the flu? Can't be right. Didn't you know the flu kills more? 

Something to think about, for sure.  

1 Like

RdotC - 
kinson - 

I’ll wait. 

so they not get the raw data from governments and institutions that are taking liberties with how they "covid" deaths? 

1 Like

RdotC -
kinson - 

I’ll wait. 

It's funny how cookie cutter a lot of these responses are.

LAME STREAM MEDIA CAN'T BE TRUSTED.

YOU WANT MORE AMERICANS TO DIE.

CONFIRMING OR REVISING NUMBERS MEANS IT'S ALL A LIE!!!!

These numbers aren't only reported by the "mainstream" media.

Just because people discuss worst-case scenarios, are realists, or believe the TRUTH is important when devising public policy does not mean they want our country to suffer.

Epidemiology and statistics take time and is a constant process of surveying, taking in numbers, validating them, and later revising them with careful analysis to adjust for confounds. Quite frankly, people on this board seem to continuously miss that there are confounds working in opposite forces, inflating and deflating statistics, and that unless you're critiquing the actual methodology. it's ridiculous to simply call shenanigans over adjusted numbers.

Heck, OGers have already answered you Cami, but people are interested in breaking news and current tallies AS WELL AS more concentrated datasets covered by specific organizations. NCHS is a federal agency and will have its own protocol for statistical collection and processing.

1 Like

If you guys want to determine whether non-NCHS sources are distorting statistics, then you at least need to adjust for the NCHS' lag period, and compare statistics collected for similar time cohorts.

1 Like