CDC Reduces Covid-19 Death Count To 37K?

MattyECB -
RdotC -
kinson - 

Someone give me a genuine reason why I should believe anything the MSM tells me. 

I’ll wait. 

These people are not the MSM.

It’s funny how cookie cutter a lot of these responses are.

LAME STREAM MEDIA CAN’T BE TRUSTED.

YOU WANT MORE AMERICANS TO DIE.

CONFIRMING OR REVISING NUMBERS MEANS IT’S ALL A LIE!!!

These numbers aren’t only reported by the “mainstream” media.

Just because people discuss worst-case scenarios, are realists, or believe the TRUTH is important when devising public policy does not mean they want our country to suffer.

Epidemiology and statistics take time and is a constant process of surveying, taking in numbers, validating them, and later revising them with careful analysis to adjust for confounds. Quite frankly, people on this board seem to continuously miss that there are confounds working in opposite forces, inflating and deflating statistics, and that unless you’re critiquing the actual methodology. it’s ridiculous to simply call shenanigans over adjusted numbers.

Heck, OGers have already answered you Cami, but people are interested in breaking news and current tallies AS WELL AS more concentrated datasets covered by specific organizations. NCHS is a federal agency and will have its own protocol for statistical collection and processing.

Bro, I don’t even know where to start with you. 

You’re a drone. You’re a sheep. You’re an idiot. 

2 Likes
jsize03 -

Wait, wait, wait...37.3k deaths from Covid-19 and only 5.8k from the flu? Can't be right. Didn't you know the flu kills more? 

Unless a lot of flu deaths are just called covid19 deaths....

2 Likes
RdotC -
kinson - 

Someone give me a genuine reason why I should believe anything the MSM tells me. 

I’ll wait. 

But who funds this site?

3 Likes
AlexinTO - 
RdotC -
kinson - 

I’ll wait. 

But who funds this site?

Soros, obviously.

Come the fuck on… its a global site trying to provide as close to real time data as possible. Its not some crazy conspiracy.

2 Likes
kinson -
MattyECB -
RdotC -
kinson - 

I’ll wait. 

Just because people discuss worst-case scenarios, are realists, or believe the TRUTH is important when devising public policy does not mean they want our country to suffer.

Epidemiology and statistics take time and is a constant process of surveying, taking in numbers, validating them, and later revising them with careful analysis to adjust for confounds. Quite frankly, people on this board seem to continuously miss that there are confounds working in opposite forces, inflating and deflating statistics, and that unless you’re critiquing the actual methodology. it’s ridiculous to simply call shenanigans over adjusted numbers.

Heck, OGers have already answered you Cami, but people are interested in breaking news and current tallies AS WELL AS more concentrated datasets covered by specific organizations. NCHS is a federal agency and will have its own protocol for statistical collection and processing.

There’s the cookie cutter retatard response he predicted, right on cue.

2 Likes
camicom -
jsize03 -

Let's see if we can get it under 12k. 

SOunds like your very happy with more deaths...fucking sick and sad!

You knew damn well that the poster was referring to YOUR repeated guarantees that the death toll wouldn't even reach 12k. 

Yet because you're such an insecure troll, you still cannot admit how wrong you were, and instead pathetically try and make up #fakenews about posters. 

That is sick, and sad. 

4 Likes
kinson -
MattyECB -
RdotC -
kinson - 

I’ll wait. 

Hahaha, I hope you are being sarcastic. Hard to tell on the internet. Otherwise, congrats on proving his point perfectly in 1 post.

1 Like
KingMartyrJack -
camicom -
The_Pundits_Ghost -

Lol. You don’t even need to read the whole thing you posted. There are even pictures for you!

but, what the hell... let’s make up a headline. Lol

Im sorry, what part of what I posted is incorrect? Because I posted 37K instead of 37,308? PLease explain in detail.

Goddamn you're a fucking retard.

Another retard posted this exact same thread.

They just let anyone post nowadays lol.

Try reading the headlie and the "as of date" then try reading the actual article....

"Therefore, the data shown on this page may be incomplete, and will likely not include all deaths that occurred during a given time period, especially for the more recent time periods"

The reason you see multiple retards posting the same dumb shit at almost the same time is because the all read the same retarded fake news sites. 

So brainfart, or drudge or whatever posts some misleading bs, the camicoms of the world read it gleefully, as it confirms their preexisting bias, put 0 critical thinking in, swallow the shit whole, and then poop it out here. 

It's right wing retard human centipede.  

2 Likes
jsize03 -

Wait, wait, wait...37.3k deaths from Covid-19 and only 5.8k from the flu? Can't be right. Didn't you know the flu kills more? 

It’s absolutely not right. 

Total U.S. deaths will be 120,000, minimum. Just this week we had a new record of 2700 deaths in one day. The peak is the MIDDLE, not the END. Even if that was the peak, it will slope back down, not cut off suddenly. 

And this was with lockdowns, which are now being relaxed or lifted. 

Crazy Larry - 

Total U.S. deaths will be 120,000, minimum. Just this week we had a new record of 2700 deaths in one day. The peak is the MIDDLE, not the END. Even if that was the peak, it will slope back down, not cut off suddenly. 

That’s also with states digging back months into their records and re-classifying thousands of deaths as “COVID” even though no one was ever tested. This is also with the most liberal death coding in the world. If you even have symptoms of CV upon death, that hospital is allowed to list the cause of death as CV, again, even without a test. Please note there are other major illnesses that have very similar symptoms as CV that kill thousands each year, i.e., flu, phenomena, CPOD, etc…so without a test, there are FOR SURE deaths unrelated to CV that went down on the books as CV…

The whole thing is wishy washy to me. I have seen MANY doctors say that their policy was to list Corona Virus even if its a slight possibility and without a positive test. So we will never know what the accurate number of deaths were.

1 Like
jcblass -
Crazy Larry - 

That’s also with states digging back months into their records and re-classifying thousands of deaths as “COVID” even though no one was ever tested. This is also with the most liberal death coding in the world. If you even have symptoms of CV upon death, that hospital is allowed to list the cause of death as CV, again, even without a test. Please note there are other major illnesses that have very similar symptoms as CV that kill thousands each year, i.e., flu, phenomena, CPOD, etc…so without a test, there are FOR SURE deaths unrelated to CV that went down on the books as CV…

The whole thing is wishy washy to me. I have seen MANY doctors say that their policy was to list Corona Virus even if its a slight possibility and without a positive test. So we will never know what the accurate number of deaths were.

Oh stop. It’s the same guidelines and estimating the CDC uses for each flu season. You and other dolts constantly brought up the worst “flu seasons” to compare to this…you even cited the CDC numbers for the 17/18 flu and right in the link you posted it explained how they do the same exact shit.  

2 Likes
jcblass - 
Crazy Larry - 

Except total deaths for the calander period, March 1st - May-1 this year, are significantly higher in the countries affected with Civd19 than in pervious years.  Real data.  Real numbers.

There have been a few threads on this subject, and they contain graphs and numbers and so on.  

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
jcblass -
Crazy Larry - 

Oh stop. It’s the same guidelines and estimating the CDC uses for each flu season. You and other dolts constantly brought up the worst “flu seasons” to compare to this…you even cited the CDC numbers for the 17/18 flu and right in the link you posted it explained how they do the same exact shit.  

I am sorry, but if you are declaring deaths without a test, there is going to be major cross over. I don’t even seen how that is debatable, especially when dealing with people in their 70s and 80s. There is no fucking telling what they died from, but every INCENTIVE, to list CV.

1 Like
DY2 -
jcblass - 
Crazy Larry - 

Except total deaths for the calander period, March 1st - May-1 this year, are significantly higher in the countries affected with Civd19 than in pervious years.  Real data.  Real numbers.

There have been a few threads on this subject, and they contain graphs and numbers and so on.  

He is also ignoring the American deaths that happened at home from covid19 and aren't being counted at all. NY experts were estimating 50-100 per day for weeks. Who knows how many across the country. 

jcblass -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
jcblass -
Crazy Larry - 

I am sorry, but if you are declaring deaths without a test, there is going to be major cross over. I don’t even seen how that is debatable, especially when dealing with people in their 70s and 80s. There is no fucking telling what they died from, but every INCENTIVE, to list CV.

Then you should go retract every single post you made about flu seasons to try and compare to covid19. My point is you LOVE using estimates from the CDC for flu seasons that use the same type of guessing and accounting. Anyone who reeeeed like you did that this is just a “flu” and cited the CDC death tolls is being a massive hypocrite crying and whining about the covid19 numbers. 

camicom -

Maybe Im reading this wrong. The MSM keeps reporting the US death count at 68K while the CDC just said its 37K....who is right? What am I missing?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19):

The provisional counts for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) deaths are based on a current flow of mortality data in the National Vital Statistics System. National provisional counts include deaths occurring within the 50 states and the District of Columbia that have been received and coded as of the date specified. It is important to note that it can take several weeks for death records to be submitted to National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), processed, coded, and tabulated. Therefore, the data shown on this page may be incomplete, and will likely not include all deaths that occurred during a given time period, especially for the more recent time periods. Death counts for earlier weeks are continually revised and may increase or decrease as new and updated death certificate data are received from the states by NCHS. COVID-19 death counts shown here may differ from other published sources, as data currently are lagged by an average of 1–2 weeks.

The provisional data presented on this page include the weekly provisional count of deaths in the United States due to COVID-19, deaths from all causes and percent of expected deaths (i.e., number of deaths received over number of deaths expected based on data from previous years), pneumonia deaths (excluding pneumonia deaths involving influenza), pneumonia deaths involving COVID-19, influenza deaths, and deaths involving pneumonia, influenza, or COVID-19; (a) by week ending date and (b) by specific jurisdictions.

![](upload://z5O1UROJRgMTTqtQ9U2sixFgbsf.png)

Do you even try to read?  They have it written on the page........I'll post it multiple times for you.

Why these numbers are different

Provisional death counts may not match counts from other sources, such as media reports or numbers from county health departments. Our counts often track 1–2 weeks behind other data for a number of reasons: Death certificates take time to be completed. There are many steps involved in completing and submitting a death certificate. Waiting for test results can create additional delays. States report at different rates. Currently, 63% of all U.S. deaths are reported within 10 days of the date of death, but there is significant variation among jurisdictions. It takes extra time to code COVID-19 deaths. While 80% of deaths are electronically processed and coded by NCHS within minutes, most deaths from COVID-19 must be coded manually, which takes an average of 7 days. Other reporting systems use different definitions or methods for counting deaths.

Provisional death counts may not match counts from other sources, such as media reports or numbers from county health departments. Our counts often track 1–2 weeks behind other data for a number of reasons: Death certificates take time to be completed. There are many steps involved in completing and submitting a death certificate. Waiting for test results can create additional delays. States report at different rates. Currently, 63% of all U.S. deaths are reported within 10 days of the date of death, but there is significant variation among jurisdictions. It takes extra time to code COVID-19 deaths. While 80% of deaths are electronically processed and coded by NCHS within minutes, most deaths from COVID-19 must be coded manually, which takes an average of 7 days. Other reporting systems use different definitions or methods for counting deaths.

2 Likes

edit

edit triple post lol