Cejudo vs my 230lb turkmenistani friend

So back when Cejudo vs Marlon was happening I made a statement at the table me and the boys were sitting at. I said that Henry would more than likely leave all of us (sitting at the table) unconscious should any of us ever get into a tussle with the guy. Everyone agrees but one of my friends who goes ahead and states that he weighs 230+ lbs and that he'll be damned if any 135'er would beat his ass. I told him that for one - they don't actually weigh 135 on fight day, and for two - it wouldn't matter. I think I'm still taking a cutting weight WORLD CHAMPION 135/125er than a 230lb, not in shape, above average sambo skilled bloke.

I'm not even a fan of Cejudo, not by a mile, but cmon these are professionals we're talking about. I told him that I'm taking marlon, shit even Benavidez down 125 vs him. Your thoughts? 

I think you are either over estimating Cejudo or under estimating your friend.

If your friend is half way talented that size would make a difference.

1 Like

Cejudo wins that fight, rather easily.

Fighting a world class fighter is not easy.

1 Like

In Turkmenistan, they ban women from driving over the avenue named after their president. This guy mounts a shit ton of statues of himself, names all the shit after himself. He's clearly outdone both USSR and Soviet China.

You underestimate the size advantage. If most of that weight is muscle, and he has some legit skills, then my money would be on him.

First he has to have a real game changing strength advantage over Cejudo. I am 210 pounds and i bet Cejudo is a lot stronger than i am. World class fighters aren't weak.

Secondly he would need some real fight experience, and be technical. Most regular dudes would probably fold after the first leg kick from Cejudo.

If he has both of these he has a chance. I’d take any low level HW of the UFC over Cejudo.

I'm 260 lbs. would need a few months to train so I don't gas out and I'd fight cejudo. I've never wrestled someone of cejudos caliber but I've wrestled big 10 d1 starters that weigh more than him and rag doll them. Obviously he will be lighting fast and could put one on my chin but I'd still give it a shot. I'd love to do a wrestling match with someone like him to see what happens. Insane skill but so small lol  

floofy - First he has to have a real game changing strength advantage over Cejudo. I am 210 pounds and i bet Cejudo is a lot stronger than i am. World class fighters aren't weak.

Secondly he would need some real fight experience, and be technical. Most regular dudes would probably fold after the first leg kick from Cejudo.

If he has both of these he has a chance. I’d take any low level HW of the UFC over Cejudo.

Low level ufc HW wouldn't even be a contest. Cejudo probably stands no chance vs the worst 155ers in the ufc 

Vikingknee -
floofy - First he has to have a real game changing strength advantage over Cejudo. I am 210 pounds and i bet Cejudo is a lot stronger than i am. World class fighters aren't weak.

Low level ufc HW wouldn't even be a contest. Cejudo probably stands no chance vs the worst 155ers in the ufc 

Of course he stands a chance against the worst 155ers. 

1 Like

What the fuck is this shit lately?? Champion professional athletes would wipe the floor with you dossers I really don't get the deluded bastards that think anything else

2 Likes

Most people are out of shape and have no cardio. After 30 seconds of swinging, they are breathing hard. Cejudo probably walks around at like 155lbs. He's a small guy, but he has cardio for days, is in shape and hits pretty hard, along with being an olympic gold medalist in wrestling.

My money is on Cejudo… But when we talk about a guy who’s 230 who’s athletic and has some basic wrestling and knows how to throw a punch, then my money is on that guy.

I've tapped many a big unskilled hoss when I was 145-150. But that was BJJ. Obviously a punch could change things very quickly. Still, with the right game plan I'm guessing your big boy friend would get tired really quick and crushed. 

ufcwatcher -

I would put my house on Cejudo and not even tune in I'd be so sure of Cejudo walking through him.

Bunch of big fat guys thinking they'd have a chance of beating championship level pro's lol

Not everyone 230+ lbs is fat 

ufcwatcher -

I would put my house on Cejudo and not even tune in I'd be so sure of Cejudo walking through him.

Bunch of big fat guys thinking they'd have a chance of beating championship level pro's lol

Cejudo wins easily

Vikingknee -
ufcwatcher -

Not everyone 230+ lbs is fat 

But very few people 230+ are lean. Even most atheletes at 230+ have a good amount of fat. 

I used to train at a boxing gym with a guy named Steve Molitor from Toronto. He was a top 10 guy, Canadian champ won a belt or two weighed around 125lbs. He would mess around with up and comers and amateurs and literally never get hit. 10 rounds 20 rounds it didn't matter. If you weren't a pro or national level amateur you had zero chance of connecting. 

robcardno -

I used to train at a boxing gym with a guy named Steve Molitor from Toronto. He was a top 10 guy, Canadian champ won a belt or two weighed around 125lbs. He would mess around with up and comers and amateurs and literally never get hit. 10 rounds 20 rounds it didn't matter. If you weren't a pro or national level amateur you had zero chance of connecting. 

Boxing I've experienced the same. With grapplings it's the complete opposite. When you have 75+ lbs on someone you can finish moves on high level guys with sloppy technique. When I wrestle people cejudos size and hit a crappy single leg I can bend over with my lower back in terrible position and pick them up over my head via Jessica Andrade with little to no effort. I used to wrestle with a future 125 lb national champ. He couldn't score a point on me. I was just a decent highschool 215lber who maybe could have wrestled at a small school. 

1 Like
Vikingknee -
robcardno -

Boxing I've experienced the same. With grapplings it's the complete opposite. When you have 75+ lbs on someone you can finish moves on high level guys with sloppy technique. When I wrestle people cejudos size and hit a crappy single leg I can bend over with my lower back in terrible position and pick them up over my head via Jessica Andrade with little to no effort. I used to wrestle with a future 125 lb national champ. He couldn't score a point on me. I was just a decent highschool 215lber who maybe could have wrestled at a small school. 

This is an Olympic wrestling gold medalist I doubt you have encountered someone even remotely close to him in skill. 

1 Like

Weight class matters.. unless your friend has movement deficiencies, he should be able to hurt Cejudo with anything he connects. If he manages to get on top of Cejudo with his body weight, I can see him being able to land some punishment, but realistically he'll let the moment get to him, freeze up, and Cejudo will work him via been there done that.

1 Like