Cell phone providers

I need some help. I signed up for a smartphone today, and upgraded my cell phone plan. I have been with Verizon for 10 years, and I am having a hard time wrapping my head around paying $140 before taxes for my wife and I to have cell phones. Our plan is for unlimited talk and text and 2 GB of data each.

I really don't talk on my phone all that much. We don't have a house phone, so my wife does use hers a decent bit, but I don't really text too much either.

I would love to find a cheaper service, but this is complicated slightly because my wife's phone is a Verizon iPhone that a friend gave her. Is it possible to use her phone on another provider? If so, can you guys tell me what your preferred provider is and why? I live in a major city, and spend no time in remote locations and have 14 days to change my mind and return my phone.

Vote ups is the only way that I can pay you all for your help, but the help is appreciated.

Mine is 170 with at&t. Wife has some fucking data plan and I'm grandfathered into my unlimited. Phone Post

I'd get a pre-paid phone like one of these

http://www.tracfone.com/

I refuse to upgrade because of the cost. Me, wife have iPhone 4S, my daughter has a dumb phone. I have unlimited data my wife uses less than 1gb per month. We share 700 mins between the 3 of us and never go over. Unlimited text. Currently $175 month. If we up grade I lose my unlimited data, we have to pay a $30 per line upgrade fee and goto a shared plan that would be $200 for the 3 of us. Duck Verizon bunch of crooks. They use to give me $100 credit to upgrade now they want charge me $90. Ill keep my phone Phone Post 3.0

Not completely sure, but I believe I saw a commercial today about T-Mobile having iPhone 5s, unlimited calling and unlimited data starting $30 month, no contract. And also a $5 discount monthly if set up to autopay.

If it wasn't T-Mobile, then it was Virgin Mobile. Phone Post 3.0

Here's a link with the info. It was Virgin Mobile.

http://gigaom.com/2013/06/21/virgin-mobile-extends-its-30-prepaid-plan-to-the-iphone-5/ Phone Post 3.0

iALPHA - Here's a link with the info. It was Virgin Mobile.

http://gigaom.com/2013/06/21/virgin-mobile-extends-its-30-prepaid-plan-to-the-iphone-5/ Phone Post 3.0
I'm gonna check it out appreciate the link. Phone Post 3.0

Been with VZW for like 12 years now. As soon as my last line comes off of contract I'm running to T-Mobile. My savings will be over 100.00 a month. I can't upgrade and get a subsidized pricing or we lose our unlimited data, so I buy my phones off of CraigList.

I was contemplating staying, but I've been without 4g for almost 2 weeks and my phone calls go through maybe half the time in the last couple of weeks. Amazing coverage was the only thing keeping me.

T-Mo has some nice family plans and some cool programs in regards to upgrading often. I like phones and enjoy playing with them. T-Mo's new Jump plan is perfect for me.

Check out T-Mobile.

I am on metro pcs. the coverage isnt too bad in my area and i pay 55 per month for unlimited everything. I barely even use my phone so I had to stop paying verizon 100 per month.

I am thinking T-Mobile might be the way to go. $80 for a family plan, and I only need to pay for one phone since it looks like you can use other phones with them. Metro PCS isn't in my area yet. Virgin Mobile looks to be a decent option, too if I can use our iPhone on that one.
ghost842 - I refuse to upgrade because of the cost. Me, wife have iPhone 4S, my daughter has a dumb phone. I have unlimited data my wife uses less than 1gb per month. We share 700 mins between the 3 of us and never go over. Unlimited text. Currently $175 month. If we up grade I lose my unlimited data, we have to pay a $30 per line upgrade fee and goto a shared plan that would be $200 for the 3 of us. Duck Verizon bunch of crooks. They use to give me $100 credit to upgrade now they want charge me $90. Ill keep my phone Phone Post 3.0

Do you have att? I upgraded and kept my unlimited data. Phone Post

I would recommend one of the resellers.

They use the same lines as the well known carriers, just cheaper.

H2O wireless.

My simple mobile.

Boost.

T-Mobile