Censored video - ER Doctors argue against lockdown

Two Er doctors from Bakersfield California held a press conference last week about covid 19 and the video was uploaded and broadcast by the local news station.

The video is an hour long, the Doctors are calm, well informed and do their best to not politicize anything or start making assumptions beyond what the available data will support.

After 5 million views Youtube has repeatedly taken down this video as it violates their guidlines by

making recommendations against WHO policies.

This is well worth a watch.

This is the same WHO that said that the virus could not transmit between humans, that it was not a pandemic, that maks dont work, then they do work so somehow they can constantly change their policies and this is ok.

WATCH: “Dr Erickson Covid19 Briefing” CENSORED by YouTube

CNN of all places had a comparison of Nordic countries with Sweden that has no lockdown and Norway, Denmark and Finland that has lockdown. These idiots are arguing something we won't have somewhat conclusive data on until a year or two from now, but for sure with what we know today, a lockdown going by the Nordic countries varying strategies seems favorable to having an open society during pandemics. The numbers are so disproportionately in favor of lockdown it's not even a contest:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/28/europe/sweden-coronavirus-lockdown-strategy-intl/index.html

jackthestripper -

CNN of all places had a comparison of Nordic countries with Sweden that has no lockdown and Norway, Denmark and Finland that has lockdown. These idiots are arguing something we won't have somewhat conclusive data on until a year or two from now, but for sure with what we know today, a lockdown going by the Nordic countries varying strategies seems favorable to having an open society during pandemics. The numbers are so disproportionately in favor of lockdown it's not even a contest:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/28/europe/sweden-coronavirus-lockdown-strategy-intl/index.html

The issue with really understanding the effects of lockdown is that you can measure one side of the equation (covid-19 deaths) very easily but the costs of the lockdown are multivariate requiring a combination of data from many different sectors. First, economically, which might be horrifying but some think that since this is not a typical supply/demand scenario, it may just fire back up relatively smoothly; won’t know for at least a year. Then you have to consider health effects of a lockdown. I personally know of two people who off’d themselves (for any number of reasons, but one was for sure related to his business going under), but that’s anecdotal. Once the numbers are in we can see if there were any statistically significant repercussions both during the lockdown and the potential economic turmoil that may follow to truly make any kind of determination. 

I personally don’t care. I just want people to make politicians accountable for the decisions they’ve made, for good or ill. We have to learn as much as we can about this without letting politics get in the way. 

I don't agree with censoring the video, but these doctors are quacks with no background in epidemiology or infection control or infectious diseases.

1 Like
AlexinTO -

Two Er doctors from Bakersfield California held a press conference last week about covid 19 and the video was uploaded and broadcast by the local news station.

The video is an hour long, the Doctors are calm, well informed and do their best to not politicize anything or start making assumptions beyond what the available data will support.

After 5 million views Youtube has repeatedly taken down this video as it violates their guidlines by

making recommendations against WHO policies.

This is well worth a watch.

This is the same WHO that said that the virus could not transmit between humans, that it was not a pandemic, that maks dont work, then they do work so somehow they can constantly change their policies and this is ok.

WATCH: “Dr Erickson Covid19 Briefing” CENSORED by YouTube

Whackjobs who have been discredited already, the way they gathered their data was questionable. It's interesting how educated people get their views affected when the dollar signs start to come into the picture. 

Trust -

The original video was not put up by those doctors, it was put up by a local TV news organization.   This is important because the reporters asked challenging and critical questions in the video, it wasn't just these doctors rambling off unchallenged on their own video.  I understand the news station has protested the take down of their video by YouTube. 

I think YouTube should have left it up, but it's their platform.  The idea they gave for taking it down, that it contradicts the WHO or other experts, is almost funny because the WHO and other "experts" have contradicted themselves -  don't wear masks, no wait, everyone wear masks.  

Kinda like YouTube should allow videos on the merits of ingesting bleach, sounds crazy, but in the interest of fairness, why take them down.

Pilgor the goat -
jackthestripper -

The issue with really understanding the effects of lockdown is that you can measure one side of the equation (covid-19 deaths) very easily but the costs of the lockdown are multivariate requiring a combination of data from many different sectors. First, economically, which might be horrifying but some think that since this is not a typical supply/demand scenario, it may just fire back up relatively smoothly; won’t know for at least a year. Then you have to consider health effects of a lockdown. I personally know of two people who off’d themselves (for any number of reasons, but one was for sure related to his business going under), but that’s anecdotal. Once the numbers are in we can see if there were any statistically significant repercussions both during the lockdown and the potential economic turmoil that may follow to truly make any kind of determination. 

I personally don’t care. I just want people to make politicians accountable for the decisions they’ve made, for good or ill. We have to learn as much as we can about this without letting politics get in the way. 

I'm aware of the economical implications of this and their effects on mental health. I too am in nowhereland thanks to this. Are there studies saying Sweden has less economical trouble than its Nordic neighbors at the moment?

jackthestripper -

So why is Sweden fairing better than the US or the UK?

Same for Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, Belarus?

89 deaths in Belarus and they have stayed open the entire time, no lockdown, played sports and said fuc$ you to the covidiots out there screaming that their end is eminent.

jackthestripper -
Pilgor the goat -
jackthestripper -

I'm aware of the economical implications of this and their effects on mental health. I too am in nowhereland thanks to this. Are there studies saying Sweden has less economical trouble than its Nordic neighbors at the moment?

Not sure but I do know people in Sweden who have suffered drastic losses in business due to tourism and travel declines plus shutdowns throughout Europe.

At least their service industries are no so fucked.

ReneH -
Trust -

The original video was not put up by those doctors, it was put up by a local TV news organization.   This is important because the reporters asked challenging and critical questions in the video, it wasn't just these doctors rambling off unchallenged on their own video.  I understand the news station has protested the take down of their video by YouTube. 

I think YouTube should have left it up, but it's their platform.  The idea they gave for taking it down, that it contradicts the WHO or other experts, is almost funny because the WHO and other "experts" have contradicted themselves -  don't wear masks, no wait, everyone wear masks.  

Kinda like YouTube should allow videos on the merits of ingesting bleach, sounds crazy, but in the interest of fairness, why take them down.

Well that is a reasonable, apples to apples comparison.

Many thanks for that valuable opinion.

bbomber - 

I don't agree with censoring the video, but these doctors are quacks with no background in epidemiology or infection control or infectious diseases.

This. 

bbomber -

and yet all of the epidemiologists that do question the lockdown and the drastic approach to fighting covid 19 are ignored by the mainstream media.

https://off-guardian.org/category/covid-perspectives

You just cannot win with this pandemic narrative.

1 Like

The mandated lockdowns are 100% wrong. Elon Musk said it all.

Whether or not more or less people die is irrelevant, the point is that the government should not have the right to FORCE people to stay home. They can provide information and guidance and advice, but the choice is up to the individual.  Unless you think the government can also mandate what you eat and drink, what hobbies you have, whether you ride a motorcycle, etc for your own good and the good of the public health. 

Deplatforming is censorship.

Subbed for later 

MarcusAurelioFan - 

As a private entity, youtube can allow or not allow whatever videos they want.

AlexinTO -
jackthestripper -

So why is Sweden fairing better than the US or the UK?

Same for Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, Belarus?

89 deaths in Belarus and they have stayed open the entire time, no lockdown, played sports and said fuc$ you to the covidiots out there screaming that their end is eminent.

By what metric do you get the numbers that Sweden does better than the US or UK? 

angryinch -
MarcusAurelioFan - 

Google and Facebook control the flow of practically all information.  They have become virtual public squares, not niche content providers. 

They have argued themselves that they are simply neutral platforms and not content providers, but that desired is inconsistent with their actions.  They want to eat their cake and have it too by choosing what content they have but at the same time refusing to take responsibility and accept liability for that content.  It's one or the other, they're trying to have it both ways.

turducken -
angryinch -
MarcusAurelioFan - 

Google and Facebook control the flow of practically all information.  They have become virtual public squares, not niche content providers. 

They have argued themselves that they are simply neutral platforms and not content providers, but that desired is inconsistent with their actions.  They want to eat their cake and have it too by choosing what content they have but at the same time refusing to take responsibility and accept liability for that content.  It's one or the other, they're trying to have it both ways.

Are they a platform or publisher?