Central Time Zone is 'Tarded

i grew up in this shit, but forgot how absurd it was in the at the far ends of orbit.

broad daylight at five in the morning. what is this, the arctic?

i remember three years in a row having two-a-day practices and legit never seeing daylight except for through the windows in cIass. i have a theory that if you track down all the emo bands form the 90's they originated in towns on the eastern side of the central time zone line where the sun passes over the horizon at 4:45pm through the middle of every winter.

I actually really liked the central time zone. Shit didn't start too late or too early, mountain is probably the best though. Fuck the East Coast and staying up til 2am just to watch a baseball game though.

1 Like

Dude close some of your tabs how does that not bother you

3 Likes

KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye - 

i've got shit to do

1 Like

also, that's nothing

i've usually got so many open you can't see anything but the icons

2 Likes

Peixes -
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye - 

i've got shit to do

Is "close some tabs" on your list of shit to do today 

1 Like

You must be at the eastern edge and pretty far north.  I'm in the central and it gets light around 6:00 here.

Central time zone in the south is great. In the north it sucks, op’s right. But it’s awesome down south. Not too early, not too late. 

Its the longest days of the year what do you expect?  Would of rather have it light at 5:30am than 11:30pm.  

sewich - 

Its the longest days of the year what do you expect?  Would of rather have it light at 5:30am than 11:30pm.  

that's actually what i'm used to. where i live (louisville) it's almost all the way to the western end of the eastern time zone

summer's whatever, but, again, i don't miss it being dark at 5pm in the middle of winter like it was growing up just on the other side of the line in evansville

Sunrise

Albany (NY) 5:17 am

Austin (TX) 6:30 am

well, that took a whole 30 seconds...

ksacs revenge - 

Sunrise

nice work.

i was aware of the fact that we have time zones, i'm commenting on experiencing the contrast.

Peixes -
ksacs revenge - 

Sunrise

nice work.

i was aware of the fact that we have time zones, i'm commenting on experiencing the contrast.

I know you are aware of time zones. You called one of them retarded, remember? But you failed to realize that the problem exists in all the time zones, due to them being time zones.

ksacs revenge - 
Peixes -
ksacs revenge - 

Sunrise

nice work.

I know you are aware of time zones. You called one of them retarded, remember? But you failed to realize that the problem exists in all the time zones, due to them being time zones.

i specifically identified the mechanism and related a personal story about it in the first post

OP doesn't understand a lot of things that 6th graders know.

Most underrated Time Zone - Mountain.

NFL games start at 11 am. Perfect time.

RdotC - 

central was pretty great growing up because our tv schedules were geared for the eastern time zone. little kids all got to watch more carson/letterman/leno/arsenio/conan than we otherwise would have.

Peixes - 
RdotC - 

central was pretty great growing up because our tv schedules were geared for the eastern time zone. little kids all got to watch more carson/letterman/leno/arsenio/conan than we otherwise would have.

Another win for Mountain.

Everything an additional hour earlier. Whereas you get to Pacific and they do that bullshit where they push everything back to eastern time. Where a show thats on at 8 eastern ends up shown at 8 pacific.