Cesar "Melendez is looking like a killer machine"

Cesar Gracie
"Gilbert Melendez looking like a killing machine tonight. He is ready"

Even prior to this tweet from Cesar, I've heard that Gilbert has had the best training camp of his career - and not in the "hyping up a fight"-sort of way.

Super Excited for this Melendez/Masvidal fight

Probably hear the same thing if Gilbert was locked up in the pokey.

Who's he fighting and is he in the UFC or what?I havent heard much about el nino,but he's gonna do big things no doubt.I think he can give Frank a run for his queso!

THE CACTUS KID - Who's he fighting and is he in the UFC or what?I havent heard much about el nino,but he's gonna do big things no doubt.I think he can give Frank a run for his queso!

He's fighting Jorge Masvidal on the 17'th in San Diego. Gonna be a hell of a fight! Phone Post

Man Carlitos,you sure made that sound exciting!Some good points,but i think Gil wins in good fashion,it wont be that close.OWI?

Melendez looked absolutely phenomenal in his last fight against Kawajiri. If an even better Melendez shows up to this fight, then Masvidal is in serious trouble.

I haven't seen Gil recently, but I was at the TUF Tryouts today and numerous members of the Skrap Pack and Gracie Fighter squads were in town, and everyone was saying the same thing as Cesar

Gil is going to be in for a surprise with Masvidal.. I actually think Masvidal wins this Phone Post

Masvidal is better than Kawajiri at this point

he's also much faster, totally different styles, much harder to find, an much better footwork

he won't be standing in front of Gil like Kawajiri was

I think Melendez wins by decision and like someone already said, it's kind of a lose/lose for him when you're fighting someone that talented but whose name & hype doesn't match their skills