CGC

Simple thread.

Are any of you guys a member of CGC? Phone Post 3.0

I've had some books done by them but not really a member Phone Post 3.0

How do you go about getting them done? I guess I was under the impression I had to be a member to send my books in. Phone Post 3.0

I was at a Expo at the starting of the month and they had a booth setup there so it was pretty easy. I would check out there website and go from there or check your area for an authorized agent or company they work with.

Only thing that really sucks is the wait time. It's usually a 3 month turn around to get your books back. There sent to Sarasota, Florida to get done. I paid extra to get my done quicker. Should get it in a few weeks. Phone Post 3.0

There's a place in my neck of the woods that serves as an authorized agent.  I exchanged emails with them, and as I understood it, you would take your comics to them, and they -- as a member of CGC -- would submit the books on your behalf.

I do know that there's another company that grades comics, PDX.  I don't know much more than that, but a little google-fu lead me to this youtube video.

I read a lot of good things about https://www.cbcscomics.com ...they do signature slabs/verification too. I haven't had any of my books done yet, debating what company to use. Phone Post 3.0

Here's the thing. CGC is good but really, unless you have extremely valuable issues or are looking to sell them don't bother. I mean it's always cool to have a issue that's in great shape in a fancy case but comics should be able to be read. Keep them in good shape and take me out if you wanna read em. The price is a big factor as well. Most issues your looking at 35$ for grading plus 60$ for shipping plus taxes. You get a few issues done and it can get pricey. Phone Post 3.0