Chack talking Smack!

Here is some of the things the Iceman had to say about the top LHW's in the world: (Fightsport.com)

On Couture...

"I fault myself also for not doing enough training in wrestling and I could have been in better fighting shape. I thought I would be able to keep the fight standing up better then I did. I would like a rematch and I will be ready."

On (the bet w/)Silva..

"This bet was made because styles make fights and I think Silva would be an easy win for me."

On Rampage...

He was not Strong, actually he was not as strong as I thought he would be. I fought poorly and ran out of gas.

On Tito...

"Tito does not hit hard enough, I could walk through his punches. I do not even have to keep my hands up for the Huntington Beach Bad Boy. (Laughs)"

I respect Chuck as a fighter and all but he needs to quit giving excuses and maybe show a little due respect to these guys. (Especially after getting dominated by two of them!)

I'm kinda hoping Tito KO's him now...

ttt for Chack

~~On Couture...

"I fault myself also for not doing enough training in wrestling and I could have been in better fighting shape. I thought I would be able to keep the fight standing up better then I did. I would like a rematch and I will be ready."~~

Admits he screwed up and prepared badly. No smack.

~~On (the bet w/)Silva..

"This bet was made because styles make fights and I think Silva would be an easy win for me." ~~

Many on her have said the same this, and to a point, it's true a counter puncher with a good chin and 1 hit KO power is the type of fighter with the best chance against Silva. I think Silva would win, but he's not talking smack

~~On Rampage...

He was not Strong, actually he was not as strong as I thought he would be. I fought poorly and ran out of gas.~~

He is saying Rampage wasn't as strong as Chuck expected. That's his opinion. He is also saying he fought badly, which he did; it's obvious he abandoned his game plan. No Smack.

~~On Tito...

"Tito does not hit hard enough, I could walk through his punches. I do not even have to keep my hands up for the Huntington Beach Bad Boy. (Laughs)"~~

Only smack talked. He's hyping up to a fight with this guy who ducked an ducked and ducked him, a man who helped make sure he didn't get his shot until he had to fight the amazing Couture (who is better than Tito, by far), a guy he pretty close to hates. This is very much understandable; beside, pre-fight smack talk is expected in grudge matches.

I don't see any problems with anything Chuck said.

1) No, he didn't talk smack about Randy. But he was making excuses.

2) Saying Silva is an "easy" win isn't talking smack?

3) He said Rampage wasn't as strong as he expected. So was he expecting to be beat worse?

4) I know he is hyping the Tito fight. That's cool.

Credit should go to matfighting.com, NOT fightsport.

sue me.

credit goes to matfighting.com. Screw Fightsport..

1) No, he didn't talk smack about Randy. But he was making excuses. short of saying "yeah Randy is and was the better fighter, i suck" wtf do you think hes going to say about that match? he gave the reason why he lost that fight not an excuse. unless he really does believe Randy is the superior fighter.2) Saying Silva is an "easy" win isn't talking smack? if he honestly thinks Silva would be an easy win, thats not talking smack.3) He said Rampage wasn't as strong as he expected. So was he expecting to be beat worse? no, i think he just thought that hed be stronger. you know "more strong"?4) I know he is hyping the Tito fight. That's cool. even if it werent hype, i wouldnt blame anyone for talking smack about Tito.

"I thought I would be able to keep the fight standing up better then I did."

In the fight I watched, Chuck WAS able to keep the fight standing. That wasn't his problem. Problem was, Randy thoroughly beat him standing, and THEN (after wearing him down for 3 rounds), finally took him down for good and finished him.

Hey..I like Chuck. I just find it out of character that he thinks he could run through Silva after Silva dominated the guy who dominated him. And then think he lost to Randy/Rampage because he didn't train properly is silly. Any fighter in the world could say that about a loss. However, he got beat in all aspects of the fight in thoses losses. I just feel he should be giving props instead of excuses. That's all. Not a big deal. I guess I just see it differently.

I appreciate your point, but I think it's possible he's just being honest. Sometimes Chuck looks out of shape and out of sorts. He doesn't blame anyone else for it.

Nothing personal about the guy, I've just never been a big fan of his fighting style. He can hurt you and he's certainly a top 10 LHW, but not among my favorites.

TH

Chuck talked smack about 3 of the guys mentioned.
Saying Silva would be an easy fight is ridiculous and it is smack talk. Not giving rampage more credit for destroying him is smack talk. Where are rampages props for outboxing him and for being in better shape.

I like Chuck and I do not fault him for saying this shit as the fight game is what it is and he has to keep his confidence, however it is smack talk and it could very easily be considered disrespectful. Especially towards Rampage who beat the fuck out of Chuck if I am not mistaken.

I ain't hatin. He's a great fighter. I just found his comments a little surprising.

LL, that's a bit ridiculous. Chuck may be on a bit of a losing streak, but he's still a top MMAer. To blame his team is ridiculous as well...who do we know from the Pit, Liddell and Gan McGee, both top 10 in their respective weight classes. To me, that's pretty successful. Everything I've heard from people who trained with the Pit was that Hackleman was a great trainer.

i dont care if people call this hating, its TRUE

Gan had a damn UFC title shot didn't keep his hands up. Whats more fundamental. why is this not viewed as a global mistake?

same thing with Liddell, tough guy but not a technician, thats why they hired alex gong to train him (RIP).

"I hope he doesn't really think this, cos if he does, Tito will mash him."

Exactly. I do understand you need to be confident going into a fight but after going 1-2 this year he shouldn't be thinking like that one bit. (But then again Tito was winless this year.)

very disappointing... he was abused by rampage. he makes himself look foolish by denying the facts.