Chad Corvin

Read a fan post on mmamania about this kid. I do remember him being scheduled to fight in the UFC but then nothing since that fight was scratched. The post says that he hasnt fought since 2009. Anyone got on an update on whats going on with this guy.

I read something a while back where he had a medical issue that required surgery and he couldn't afford it and was saving up. Here you go, from last August on MMAjunkie:

Heavyweight prospect Chad Corvin is still under contract to the UFC, but his octagon career is in limbo.

Corvin (6-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) in January signed a multi-fight deal with the industry-leading promotion and was set to make his debut at UFC 113 against Joey Beltran.

But Corvin was not medically cleared to fight at the May 8 event, and as he recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), he can't compete until he proves he is fit to fight.

"I'm just biding my time, training hard, and waiting for my moment to shine," Corvin he today said.

Corvin, who by day works as a plumber, declined to disclose the reason for the denial. But he's saving money for medical tests that he hopes will give him the greenlight to fulfill his UFC contract.

Although he recently purchased medical insurance, he said was concerned his carrier would drop him or raise his rates if he underwent any expensive procedures, so he's footing the bill himself.

"It's all coming out of my pocket," he said. "I'm an average Joe; I've got a mortgage payment, and the house comes before fighting."

The Elizabethtown, Ky. resident made his professional debut in March 2007 and fought six times on the regional circuit, where he stopped each of his opponents in fewer than two minutes. He trains locally at E-town Beatdown.

Corvin is cautiously optimistic that he'll be able someday to show UFC fans what he can do.

"I'm trying to make this work out the cheapest and easiest way I can," he said. "Only time will tell. What fighter doesn't want to get in the octagon and get in the spotlight?"

Thanks Epwar. I vaguely recall that article now. Its amazing and sad sometimes to see how promising careers get derailed. Hopefully he can get back on track.

I remember this guy people thought he was carwin 2.0 wish we could watch him fight in the ufc Phone Post

ttt

was just about to make a thread wondering what was going on with him.

hasn't fought since 2009 unfortunately.

released due to injuries

bummer