Chael-If Wand touched me I would have put him down

I AM A MOFO -
the islander -  If Leben can do it, chael can too Phone Post

That may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What is it about dumb fucking UGers, that they look at a fighter and only see a ranking? There are far more variables than that, and Leben and Chael have very different attributes. Anyone who didn't ride the short bus to school can see that NEITHER can do what the other can.

If they fight in the UFC Chael is likely going to win a dominant decision. I wouldn't argue that. If they go nose to nose in the street and punches start flying, Chael is hitting the ground and getting stomped quickly. It's an entirely different environment compared to when Chael can stay at range with a referee and hit takedowns. In THAT situation if Wandy started swinging, Chael would have been fucked and he's well aware of it (just as Wandy is surely aware his chances of beating Chael in the cage are slim).

Best case scenario for Chael is he hits a TD before his jaw goes flying across the room, and holds Wandy down until they're seperated (lol@"put him down"). That's assuming he could do so under no rules (not easy on Wand even in the cage or ring) without losing an eye or getting his nose bit off lol.

Grinding wrestling is great in the cage but not the best when nose to nose with a quick and heavy handed striker in the street. Maybe if they started the fight several feet apart with hands up...

Tito Ortiz would look like a badass for how he handled Lee Murray compared to how Chael would do against Wanderlei in a street fight. The fight would be almost as one sided in the other direction with UFC cage, rules and referee. The only way Chael beats Wand is by three judges saying so.

Chanel's boxing is underrated. He beats wand on the feet too Phone Post

I think Chael remade or just grew into himself. Not everyone peaks early and he's proof.

the islander - 
I AM A MOFO -

That may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What is it about dumb fucking UGers, that they look at a fighter and only see a ranking? There are far more variables than that, and Leben and Chael have very different attributes. Anyone who didn't ride the short bus to school can see that NEITHER can do what the other can.

If they fight in the UFC Chael is likely going to win a dominant decision. I wouldn't argue that. If they go nose to nose in the street and punches start flying, Chael is hitting the ground and getting stomped quickly. It's an entirely different environment compared to when Chael can stay at range with a referee and hit takedowns. In THAT situation if Wandy started swinging, Chael would have been fucked and he's well aware of it (just as Wandy is surely aware his chances of beating Chael in the cage are slim).

Best case scenario for Chael is he hits a TD before his jaw goes flying across the room, and holds Wandy down until they're seperated (lol@"put him down"). That's assuming he could do so under no rules (not easy on Wand even in the cage or ring) without losing an eye or getting his nose bit off lol.

Grinding wrestling is great in the cage but not the best when nose to nose with a quick and heavy handed striker in the street. Maybe if they started the fight several feet apart with hands up...

Tito Ortiz would look like a badass for how he handled Lee Murray compared to how Chael would do against Wanderlei in a street fight. The fight would be almost as one sided in the other direction with UFC cage, rules and referee. The only way Chael beats Wand is by three judges saying so.

lol

The Brool Story Company -
the islander - 
I AM A MOFO -

lol

Fucking autocorrect Phone Post

“When Wanderlei does this, he needs to understand I don’t know him,”

" All I know is he’s yelling, he brought friends and now I feel threatened."

“I’ve got a guy that calls himself an ‘Axe Murderer’ pointing a finger at me and he brought three buddies with him,” Sonnen explained. “That’s a problem where I come from. My father taught me the fight doesn’t start when somebody throws a punch. The fight starts as soon as the other guy squares up. Wanderlei squared up.”

" However, I will not let a guy within arm’s distance. Wanderlei, if his finger he was pointing touched me, I would have put him down right there."

While he keeps pointing out he wasn't scared his quotes are basically a list of reasonable explanations/excuses for why he WAS nervous or threatened. Chael may be a cocky guy and big talker but he isn't as stupid as his fans or the average UGer.

Also lol@ wont let him get within arm's reach immediately into "if he touched me". Sounds like every "tough guy" I've ever heard trying to save face for not acting in such a situation. They also do so incessantly and non stop until they're sure you believe them, much like Chael has been since.

I agree with Chael it was a corny thing for Wand to do but it doesn't mean he had nothing to fear as he has pointed out himself (even if he tries to excuse it on Wand's friends watching). A higher MMA ranking meant shit there. A guy who couldn't outstrike Bisping and admitted to nearly being KOd by him can hardly be blamed for "not liking" street fights with dangerous brawlers....

Wow, islander managed to get two walls of text from mofo. That's impressive baiting. Phone Post

ChokeEmOut -
warmonky - Wady was a champ while Chael was third string,weird the way shit changes.

Yet look at the responses here. Proof that talk is all you need.

It's an American thing, they don't need results. All they need is to listen to bullshit..it works from sports to politics.

It's D level WWE crap Phone Post

I agree, Wand did pull some D level WWW crap. In fact it was more TNA level. Phone Post

So take him down so his 3 buddies can stomp you ? Ok lol Phone Post 3.0

The Brool Story Company - 
the islander - 
I AM A MOFO -

lol

I think "lol" pretty much covers it, but also...

If anything Chael's boxing is overrated because he landed a good punch on Anderson who was only worried about takedowns.

Tell Bisping Chael is a better striker than Wand...

“Michael Bisping hit me so hard in the first round that I didn’t even know what day it was,” Sonnen said. “I remember looking at him and thinking, ‘you have no idea how bad you hurt me or else you’d step in and do something about it.’”

-Chael Sonnen

Chael had nothing but wrestling against Bisping and barely scraped by with a controversial decision. On the other hand Wand had Bisping shooting TDs left and right (and being saved by the bell and asking what happened because of it too) because standing exchanges mostly looked like this:

http://www.mmafight.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Wandy-trips-Bisping.gif

http://i45.tinypic.com/jubpsn.gif

3 Sided Square - 

Wow, islander managed to get two walls of text from mofo. That's impressive baiting. Phone Post

Wasn't done yet lol. Work from home mostly and have a VERY empty schedule today. So if that's the case I genuinely appreciate him keeping me occupied for a minute, haha. Especially since I hurt my hand (well someone did lol) and am typing quite slowly.

the islander - 

If Leben can do it, chael can too Phone Post

LOL, what ?

Look what Stann did to Leben...then look what Vanderlei did to Stann.

At this stage of the game of Wand's career I can't give him too much of a chance in this fight, BUT FFS, I'm Sold

Dana......

Devlin - I agree with chael on this, Same way i was on hayes sode when he dropped chisora at a press conferance, when someone comes towards you like that theres a fine line on how far.you can let it go. Phone Post
Agreed! My opinion If someone is getting that close an aggressively you have no idea what they intend to do an if they hit you it could be very dangerous for you... I'd rather hit 1st an say I'm sorry then get hurt an be sorry after Phone Post 3.0

3 Sided Square - 

thanks!

Rob San Soo - So take him down so his 3 buddies can stomp you ? Ok lol Phone Post 3.0

Chael's mom would have put some buck shot in their asses. Phone Post

The Little Axe Murderer - Wandy brought his guys to hold the camera and to hold him back incase it gets heated. You could see that his friends weren't getting in Chaels face and how quickly one of them restrained Wandy. Those guys were there for Chaels safety and Pettis would of gotten stomped if he tried anything. "Hes a street kid from Milwakee" HAHAHA Wandy is from the streets of Brazil so don't even compare the two. Wandy is a professional, he wouldn't try to jump him with a bunch of guys he's better than that. Dude fought Cro Cop, Liddell, Rampage, Hendo, Mark Hunt, he doesn't need help to beat up Chael. Phone Post 3.0

Zero bias in this post. Phone Post

the islander - 
3 Sided Square - 

thanks!

LOL! Like I said...

And 3 sided square...he may be biased but it doesn't make him wrong. He posted based on what we all know and can see in the video. Not many opinions in there, or unfounded ones especially.

I AM A MOFO - 
The Brool Story Company - 
the islander - 
I AM A MOFO -

lol

I think "lol" pretty much covers it, but also...

If anything Chael's boxing is overrated because he landed a good punch on Anderson who was only worried about takedowns.

Tell Bisping Chael is a better striker than Wand...

“Michael Bisping hit me so hard in the first round that I didn’t even know what day it was,” Sonnen said. “I remember looking at him and thinking, ‘you have no idea how bad you hurt me or else you’d step in and do something about it.’”

-Chael Sonnen

Chael had nothing but wrestling against Bisping and barely scraped by with a controversial decision. On the other hand Wand had Bisping shooting TDs left and right (and being saved by the bell and asking what happened because of it too) because standing exchanges mostly looked like this:

http://www.mmafight.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Wandy-trips-Bisping.gif

http://i45.tinypic.com/jubpsn.gif

This is stupid. Chael got hit with a good shot and hurt against Bisping it's MMA it happens. He wasn't even really visibly hurt and he went on to win the fight. Wandy got knocked silly quick by Leban a guy who was pretty easily outstruck for three straight rounds by Bisping. Again it's MMA it happens. By that same MMA math you're trying to use Wand should have beat Leban easily but it simply doesn't work that way. You can't use that one shot that Bisping hurt Chael with to prove that Chael can't hang on the feet with Wand.

If they fought in the street Chael has the tools to strike with Wand and hang. It doesn't mean he couldn't get caught and knocked out but Chael could do the same thing to Wand. Chael also obviously he has the tools to take Wand down but but it's not like Wand is clueless on the ground. The truth is anything can happen in a street fight and both of these guys are dangerous as hell in that setting or any setting. Also both guys have come out and said they don't street fight and never had any intention of doing so. So the entire conversation is pretty pointless. When these guys talk about fighting each other both are talking about doing it in a cage for money so why discuss it in any other setting?

ChokeEmOut - 
warmonky - Wady was a champ while Chael was third string,weird the way shit changes.

Yet look at the responses here. Proof that talk is all you need.

It's an American thing, they don't need results. All they need is to listen to bullshit..it works from sports to politics.

It's D level WWE crap Phone Post

Don't shit on America just cause you can't get over the fact that Wand is not and will not ever be a top contender again.

And speaking of results...how did you feel about the result of Chaels last fight? You know, the one where he finished one of your pride boys in the first round.

I AM A MOFO -

He takes Wandy down and knees him in the head until he's unconscious Phone Post