Chael Patrick Sonnen live chat @ 10:30 CST

Or you may know him as Beta Galactose

http://blog.chron.com/fighting/2012/01/ufc-on-fox-2-chael-sonnen-live-chat-1130-a-m-et/

Chat starts shortly

I followed the link, will I be able to watch on my iPhone? Phone Post

It's a text chat, not video.

starting shortly

TTT Phone Post

Beta Galactose is running a tad late...

Goro Lives - Beta Galactose is running a tad late...

If you keep calling him Beta Galactose (?) rather than Alpha Eagle then he may not show up at all...

Willin - 

If you keep calling him Beta Galactose (?) rather than Alpha Eagle then he may not show up at all...

True. Alpha Eagle is much better.

But there was a thread someone created a couple months ago with about Chael Sonnen. The guy typed in Chael Sonnen on his phone and it auto-corrected to Beta Galactose before he realized it. You can guess how the rest of the thread turned out. I can't find the thread since it only lets me search back one month. Maybe a blue namer can?

Goro Lives - 
Willin - 

True. Alpha Eagle is much better.

But there was a thread someone created a couple months ago with about Chael Sonnen. The guy typed in Chael Sonnen on his phone and it auto-corrected to Beta Galactose before he realized it. You can guess how the rest of the thread turned out. I can't find the thread since it only lets me search back one month. Maybe a blue namer can?

Are you running the chat? Is Chael stuck in interviews or what?

No, it's run by a guy from heavymma.com

He's also the MMA blogger for my hometown newspaper. I just posted the link here in case anyone wanted to check it out.

chat just started

Eunuchorn - He's being really nice about brazilians!

I know...not what I expected. The President of Brazil and Big Nog carrot questions were both mine. I was hoping for a little more sarcasm.

The funniest thing is that I don't think there's been even one question yet about his fight with Bisping.

Chael, how do u come up with the name Danger waffles for ur dog? its classic

Chael Sonnen: The dog is very small. He was supposed to get to 12 pounds. It turned out to be a con woman who fibbed about his weight. When I got him he was 4.2 pounds. That's what a girl weighs. I was embarrassed to have it. His little legs couldn't even climb up the stairs to go to bed at night. So I instantly named him Danger. And the next morning he jumped up on the table because he didn't know that table food was not for him. And when I came back to the kitchen, my waffle was gone. So I gave him the last name Waffles.

Comment From Dirty Dan Dirty Dan: ]
Hey Chael...Fellow Eagle Here...Lorenzo talked about fighter incentives during his ESPN interview...Being a guy who promotes fights better than anyone else, and since you've fought in other organizations what's your stance on how fighters are being paid in the UFC?

11:14 Chael Sonnen: It's sure been nice seeing the numbers rise as they have. My first fight was in 2005 and was headlined by a bum named Andrei Arlovski, who was the heavyweight champ. That's the biggest prize in the industry. And his pay that night was $9k to show and $9 to win. And they told us that night that they wanted to pay us more, and that as soon as they could, they would. They just couldn't at the time. But the very second they started to grow, they made good on their word, and everybody's numbers went up. I get that everyone wants more. I do too. But you have to have an appreciation for the honest they have and the generosity they have.

If this sport was like amateur wrestling, where you have to pay, I would still pay my entry fee and fight Michael Bisping on Saturday night.

Comment From Erik Franklin Erik Franklin: ]
Do you think the Bug (Anderson) will show up Saturday in Chicago and if so do you plan to address him once again, upon winning your bout?

11:18 Chael Sonnen: No and no. I don't think he's going to be here. I would imagine that would have slipped out and they would have used it as a marketing tool for the 2 or 3 fans he may have. I am just trying to get that guys name out of my mouth. I saved his career when they were going to release him. He's never repaid it and he's never done anything for me.

It's better for me to move on and to find some competitors who will actually compete against me. The quicker I can get his name out of my mouth, the better off I will be

(bump)