Chael pulls out of UFC 161

You heard it here first

This is from Shogun's page on facebook

"Tonight I was home with my team studying the fights of my new opponent for UFC 161 when I got the sad news that Chael Sonnen can't make it to the event. I wish to thank my fans all over the world for their love and support."

Wrong Phone Post

Heard it someplace else first.

Shogun agreed to fight but Chael couldn't make it, admirable of Shogun to take the fight as it was a completely different style of opponent then what he was training for while having less then two weeks

ImaLilFruitCup - 
GnP Sonnen - Wrong Phone Post
Actually he's right Phone Post 3.0

Yep, Shogun agreed to fight, was already getting ready

Somebody sold a bad Pizza to the wrong guy

Unable to get a visa is not pulling out.

LTL - Unable to get a visa is not pulling out.
Was that the reason?

Didn't think it would be any bother at all for UFC to get a visa for one of their fighters. Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post 3.0

epic hero -
ImaLilFruitCup - 
GnP Sonnen - Wrong Phone Post
Actually he's right Phone Post 3.0

Yep, Shogun agreed to fight, was already getting ready

Wrong about hearing it hear first fellas Phone Post

kid chaos - 
Was that the reason?

Didn't think it would be any bother at all for UFC to get a visa for one of their fighters. Phone Post 3.0

Mark Hunt damn near didn't make it to fight JDS. Wand couldn't get a visa to fight Gegard in Sweden to save that card. I guess visa's can be a bitch. I would think USA to Canada would be an easy one... Guess not. 

Seats Taken - 
kid chaos - 
Was that the reason?

Mark Hunt damn near didn't make it to fight JDS. Wand couldn't get a visa to fight Gegard in Sweden to save that card. I guess visa's can be a bitch. I would think USA to Canada would be an easy one... Guess not. 

Being a criminal and PED-user makes getting Visa´s difficult...

I don't think emigration takes ped usage into consideration for a visa. They have mlb teams in Canada. Phone Post

Don't need a Visa to fight in Can.

Adding it to FS1-1 is pretty damn cool, that card is STACKED!
I would rather it be the new main event for FS1-2 and have a title fight be the main of FS1-1 but whatever, I am not going to bitch about seeing that match up. Hope Chael wins and calls out Wand, Vitor and Machida.

Is shogun fighting still or? Phone Post

shatefak - Is shogun fighting still or? Phone Post

Probably shouldn't be. Losing an opponent and agreeing to take a replacement on short notice is rare enough, losing that replacement and waiting on a third person on even shorter notice is probably not good for anyone. Fighters or fans. Phone Post