Chael Sonnen NSAC ruling

^^^ Guessing you never competed in a BJJ tournament.
Last I recall I didn't have to get Licensed to grapple

Billyz - 

Eddie Bravo calls a JJ match a fight, so technically...

ClemenzasCannoli - Got off very easy. Phone Post 3.0
Easy? Id say Vitor got off easy... Fails a drug test and gets rewarded with a title fight Phone Post 3.0

Garv -
Billyz - 

With this suspension Chael is not even allowed to fight disease if he gets sick. Phone Post 3.0

Anthony Marnell was the only guy who made any sense. Sonnen has repeatedly been caught cheating and had no choice other than to own up now. 

The other NSAC heads praised Sonnen for his courage, said "What more can we do?" and "We don't want to ruin this poor fella's reputation."

(I'm not kidding, those are direct quotes.)

Marnell: "I'm not kicking him while he's down. He already did that himself!"

Bravo, sir.

chilz - Commissioner Marnell wanted a lifetime ban of Sonnen. He isa former baseball player who played in the steroid era. Phone Post 3.0
You mean NOW? lol Phone Post 3.0

Floyd'sPeople -
ClemenzasCannoli - Got off very easy. Phone Post 3.0
Easy? Id say Vitor got off easy... Fails a drug test and gets rewarded with a title fight Phone Post 3.0
What does my statement have to do with what happened with Vitor? Phone Post 3.0

hackett -

Anthony Marnell was the only guy who made any sense. Sonnen has repeatedly been caught cheating and had no choice other than to own up now. 

The other NSAC heads praised Sonnen for his courage, said "What more can we do?" and "We don't want to ruin this poor fella's reputation."

Bravo, sir.

He made good points but also made an ass out of himself. His whole tirade about how he was there when the guys got a career because they cheated. He sounded more like a bitter ex at times. Really took away from his original questions and comments. Honestly at times i was wondering which UG member or was.

His tone and comments sounded more like he wanted a argument with Chael. He was being loud when nobody else was. Was entertaining though and I hope he tones it down but keeps the same ideals. Phone Post 3.0

I was incredulous at the statements of the rest of the NSAC heads -- and don't blame Marnell at all for raising his voice. He even apologized (when he didn't have to) and deferred to his seniors, saying he'll go along with their decisions.

And no, I'm not him. HA!

Chael "Donnie Brasco" Sonnen Phone Post 3.0

hackett - 

Bravo, sir.

Those dinosaurs were awful. One of them asked what EPO does?   

The new Chairman and Marnell were good.  

Oh, and those guys that are shitting on Marnell's minor league contract with the Padre's....  what the fuck have you done?  He played for two years in the one of the most competitive sports during its worst period for PED's.   Of course he wonders how he might have done with a clean playing field.   

stevekt - 
Garv -
Billyz - 

With this suspension Chael is not even allowed to fight disease if he gets sick. Phone Post 3.0

lol

Standup29 -
hackett -

Bravo, sir.

He made good points but also made an ass out of himself. His whole tirade about how he was there when the guys got a career because they cheated. He sounded more like a bitter ex at times. Really took away from his original questions and comments. Honestly at times i was wondering which UG member or was.

His tone and comments sounded more like he wanted a argument with Chael. He was being loud when nobody else was. Was entertaining though and I hope he tones it down but keeps the same ideals. Phone Post 3.0
Lol... this is what's wrong with sports fans. I FUCKING LOVE Chael but if you honestly care at all about cleaning up the sport Marnell was spot on and not afraid to mince words. Commissions should be lined by guys with that mindset from head to toe, that they aren't is why there is a problem. Chael fucked with a lot of people, multiple times, with serious offenses, then retired and came clean. I'm not saying I wanted to see him punished worse cause I love the guy, but as an athlete who is 200% against any PED's, what on god's green earth did Marnell say for you to accuse him of making it a personal grudge? He was saying what everyone believes because it's right and true. You just sound like yet another UGer who lets their bias get in the way of logic Phone Post 3.0

• 2 year ban

- Educate the commission on the techniques that people currently use to game the system, so that they can make their system for catching people better

- Educate fighters about the commission's drug policy

- No monetary fine beyond paying for the testing that caught him

- No payment for labor that will be spent on the above noted projects for the commission

All in all, I think it's a fair ruling. Also, Chael has an opportunity to rebuild his reputation in this, imo.

Yeah bit of he cheas again expect FA tonight Phone Post 3.0

He will be back on FOX doing his thing in no time.

Ktaco - He will be back on FOX doing his thing in no time.

Not likely at all.   He straight up lied to the producers at FOX.   They have money on the line and they will not trust him again.  Unlike the old idiots on the NSAC who fawn over Floyd Jr.  and make excuses for their bad prior decisions with Chael.   

Chael barely if ever cracked the top 10 without TRT and roids. He won't be back. Phone Post 3.0

Garv - 
Billyz - 

Will now I can say I "used to fight" and did well at the polk high invitational. Scored 4 wins in one night.
Does the Bundy pose

Thanks Eddie Bravo!

Five Year Blue Belt - 
Ktaco - He will be back on FOX doing his thing in no time.

Not likely at all.   He straight up lied to the producers at FOX.   They have money on the line and they will not trust him again.  Unlike the old idiots on the NSAC who fawn over Floyd Jr.  and make excuses for their bad prior decisions with Chael.   

I disagree. I doubt he hurt anyone's feelings. He was damn good at what he did and got eyes watching; that's all they care about. The sole reason he was let go was because they wanted to distance themselves and see how things played out. Now Sonnen is going to aid the commission and will ultimately be seen as a good ambassador for "drug free mma".

I'm not saying it's going to happen next week but your going to be seeing this guy slowly make his way back up.