Chael Sonnen..The Truth

How he has so many fans is completely unbelievable, he's the Charlie Sheen of MMA! Who has he beat of ANY significance?  Mayhem Miller 9 years ago? Okami? Marquart? Really top level there!

He has never held a Belt in any decent Promotion.

He has been summitted 11 times! 

He had a fair outing against Anderson Silva in which some will argue he was toying with him.

So..... Chael Fan Boys  explain how he is sooooo great

You're an idiot.

keep trying

It's the mouth.. Makes MMA more interesting for me. Also the 3 fight run through Okami, Nate, then the Silva fight, It's like he found his form at just the right time. (no roido)

McBottery - You're an idiot.
With a reply like that you're the one with out an intelligent defense /argument

He's the best interview to me in MMA and never fails to make me laugh.

That 10th Planet interview where he said he wanted to rematch Anderson but bring Charlie Sheen and Mel Gibson with him was hilarious.

Hel13torm - He's the best interview to me in MMA and never fails to make me laugh.

That 10th Planet interview where he said he wanted to rematch Anderson but bring Charlie Sheen and Mel Gibson with him was hilarious.

Funny yes but that doesn't explain to me why people actually think he is such a great fighter, I'll admit half the shit he says cracks me up but I don't care to bet on him to win any significant fights

RickMartelsArrogance - Okami is fighting for the title. His only 3 losses in the past 6-7 years are to Shields, Ace and Chael. He's not top level?

You're an idiot.
Someone is riding the Hype train with Okami

IMHO Okami didn't beat Anderson, Silva was DQ'd for an illegal upkick.

The Chael haters are the ones who amuse me.  He's created this outlandish character.... a caricature, really... and people get so angry!!!  He's like the Stephen Colbert of MMA and people continue to think it's real. 

He's a fighter with a boring style, and he simply learned from what happened to Lindland that you have to make yourself marketable if your style doesn't do it for you.  Case in point:  Lindland was cut for wearing a t-shit, and Chael was welcomed back after his PED debacle.  He found a way to make himself valuable and exciting.

That's "The Truth"

SuMBJJ -  The Chael haters are the ones who amuse me.  He's created this outlandish character.... a caricature, really... and people get so angry!!!  He's like the Stephen Colbert of MMA and people continue to think it's real. 

He's a fighter with a boring style, and he simply learned from what happened to Lindland that you have to make yourself marketable if your style doesn't do it for you.  Case in point:  Lindland was cut for wearing a t-shit, and Chael was welcomed back after his PED debacle.  He found a way to make himself valuable and exciting.

That's "The Truth"

Agree totally, I don't hate the man but his fans are a nuisance.. and are either blind or Trolls

Sonnen appeals to the troll in a lot of people - they see a little bit of themselves in his actions.

I doubt that the majority of people like him as much as they portray, there certainly is not a lot you can point to in his fighting career alone that would breed such fandom; he's a rather unspectacular fighter with a habit of laying and praying his way to victories as of late, not finishing a single fight in his last eight - this isn't to say he's not a good fighter or not tough, just wholly unexciting.

His mouth is what gets people riled up, and while he has made some entertaining statements in the past, he fully defines the word "troll" in the way he carries himself and the image he cultivates, and I think other trolls latch onto this and prop him up simply to piss off people who are turned off by the dishonorable way in which he conducts his business. They don't like him so much as they like pissing off those who don't like him.

The title of this thread is a statement, but the OP is a question. 

Chael has a lot of fans you are correct and there is good reason for that.http://www.perfect-icons.com/stock-icons/small-phone40.gif

<blockquote>Muzalini - IMHO Okami didn't beat Anderson, Silva was DQ'd for an illegal upkick. <br /></blockquote><br />I count it as a win but while winning he got knocked out

Oh and I'm a fan for completely destroying marquardt and then beating andersons ass while making me laugh constantly

LOl @ Silva getting RAGDOLLED and tossed and bludgeoned like a 90lb bitch, DROPPED on the feet, have his ribs BROKEN (yes by Chael, he was FINE before the fight...vid proves it) for 5 rounds = Toying

HAHAHAHAHA

Chael is a master troll that can easily control the thoughts and emotions of the average IDIOT.

Chael wants to make you hate him via WWE fake heel persona....so you pay PPV money to see him lose...and thus pay his bills.

Sonnen has made a BITCH of you.

lol

Muzalini -  How he has so many fans is completely unbelievable, he's the Charlie Sheen of MMA! Who has he beat of ANY significance?  Mayhem Miller 9 years ago? Okami? Marquart? Really top level there!

He had a fair outing against Anderson Silva in which some will argue he was toying with him.

I wouldn't even call it a fair outing versus Silva. Sonnen was cheating and roided up while Silva was injured yet Sonnen STILL lost. I'd say that is less than fair lol.

2011lurker - before his testosterone replacement therapy in o8 which is around the time his ufc career took off his biggest win was Paulo Filho . naturally Chael produces 1/16 the natural testosterone his body should produce, levels that low are only found in athletes with a very long history of testosterone abuse.<br /> I find it hard to give him credit for any of his wins when hes probably been a roider his whole career. Why do you think there going to have to find him a fight in Texas, Because no other commission will let him get his testosterone. the only reason he needs it is because he abused it in the first place.
1/16 seems like what a guy like Greg Valentino would produce.  I couldn't imagine Chael ever did enough roids to drop his levels that low... that's like 80's WWF kinda shit where guys were dying.  That's got to be a number of factors OR a lie his Dr's made up to validate his hypogonadism.

SKARHEAD - LOl @ Silva getting RAGDOLLED and tossed and bludgeoned like a 90lb bitch, DROPPED on the feet, have his ribs BROKEN (yes by Chael, he was FINE before the fight...vid proves it) for 5 rounds = Toying

HAHAHAHAHA

Chael is a master troll that can easily control the thoughts and emotions of the average IDIOT.

Chael wants to make you hate him via WWE fake heel persona....so you pay PPV money to see him lose...and thus pay his bills.

Sonnen has made a BITCH of you.

lol

If i could VTFU i would. Truth

I love people's major defense for Chael, "hes actually just incredibly hilarious and you guys dont get the joke."

Really?

First of all, if you find him that fucking funny, you have a shitty sense of humor. Using old pro wrestling lines and trashing fighter better than himself is not funny.

Secondly, he is a cheater on multiple occasions.

Has such a blatant cheater ever managed to win over so many fans? I think it says a lot about MMAs fanbase these days. Cheating used to be considered incredibly dishonorable.

Muzalini -  How he has so many fans is completely unbelievable, he's the Charlie Sheen of MMA! Who has he beat of ANY significance?  Mayhem Miller 9 years ago? Okami? Marquart? Really top level there!

This exactly.

"But but he was winning until he lost" LOL.