Chael Sonnen walks off OTR (Video)

lol who is that guy? seems like a typical "host" that thinks he is the shit but is a lame.

man sonnen is a fkn kook. i'd love for that guy to just go away. far far away and stfu forever.

Thanks for posting the whole video Severn. It was awesome and entertaining. Like i said earlier everyone is talking about it now. Great move by Chael. He might not be the best fighter but he can get people talking. Silva vs. Sonnen UFC ON Fox 2 Please!

Red Stuff - Is the interviewer a respected guy?

That's the first time I've seen him and my immediate impression is "dickhead".

He is. Thats not to say that he's liked by all but he's been in the business for a long time. He wants to be Canada's Jim Rome. Personally I don't mind him, I like that he doesn't always cater to the people he interviews. Most people go along with it and you end up with done good back and forth. Phone Post

Thanks for posting the full version DS. This is gold.

irishrottie - lol who is that guy? seems like a typical "host" that thinks he is the shit but is a lame.

Michael Landsberg has been the host of Off The Record (OTR), TSN’s highly acclaimed 30-minute daily sports debate show, since the show’s debut in September 1997. Always trying to see the world of sports through the fans’ eyes, Landsberg asks his guests tough, thought-provoking and controversial questions on the day’s hottest sports topics.

One of the best-known personalities in Canadian broadcasting, Landsberg has been with TSN since the network’s inception in 1984. He started his broadcasting career as an anchor on SportsCentre (then called SportsDesk), and went on to host more than 5,000 episodes. Thirteen years later, Landsberg left SportsCentre to host OTR.

Along with hosting OTR, Landsberg was the Whistler Host for Olympic Daytime on CTV during the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games.

Landsberg attributes his success on OTR to the preparation he puts into every show and his unique ability to change an interview’s direction and think on his feet. He has a style all his own, going into every interview with a no-fear attitude while always respecting his guests.

Landsberg has interviewed numerous key, high-profile athletes – Terrell Owens, Mark Messier, Steve Nash, Lennox Lewis, Vince Carter, Roger Clemens, Paul Tracy, Jose Canseco, Alexander Ovechkin – and is hoping to one day add Tiger Woods, Mike Tyson and Barry Bonds to his already impressive roster.

Landsberg hosts a variety of charitable events and golf tournaments each year, devoting the majority of his time to two causes: The Hospital for Sick Children and eye research.

A proud, lifelong Toronto Argonauts fan, Landsberg’s favourite sports to watch are the CFL, NHL, NFL and golf. He works out at the gym four times a week and regularly attends spinning class.

And the above i stole i didnt write btw. Isnt TSN basically Canada's version of ESPN?

was hoping for something funny but its too fake/forced. im kinda desensitized to chael now, i find diaz funnier....even if its unintentional. chael is too intentional.

Most agree that Landsberg is a douche, but he makes a great counterpoint to shit talking athletes, particularly pro wrestlers and MMA fighters

NDmmafan -  And the above i stole i didnt write btw. Isnt TSN basically Canada's version of ESPN?

We like to think ESPN is Americas TSN. Phone Post

Chael is the king of moving the goalposts.

smoogy - Most agree that Landsberg is a douche, but he makes a great counterpoint to shit talking athletes, particularly pro wrestlers and MMA fighters

this

NDmmafan -  And the above i stole i didnt write btw. Isnt TSN basically Canada's version of ESPN?

Actually most Canadians have disliked TSN and prefer SportsNet. Historically TSN was heavily Toronto centric thus earning the monicker Toronto Sports Network (TSN). It has gotten better over the last few years. Phone Post

Ugh. Might have gone better if Chael was a better actor but his fake confusion in response to questions was transparent. Phone Post

Later. Phone Post

That has to be the funniest interview I have ever seen. Chael was hilarious!

Landsberg and Sonnen are two guys I could never like in a million years.  Seeing them together at the same time is just an overload of annoyance.

the geek -  That was just awesome. I am mixed though with how I feel. Landsberg was awesome for calling Chale out in his hypocritical public comments and for playing Cheals game but looked so nervous. Cheal was incredibly funny and I couldn't stop smiling while watching but obviously didn't know how to react to someone calling him out on his BS. It was both a train wreck and the best thing I've seen in a while, at the same time.

Great TV in my opinion. Phone Post

I felt the same way.

Chael look flustered that he was being trolled....and didn't know how to respond.

Epic interview from both guys.

Zaph -  Landsberg and Sonnen are two guys I could never like in a million years.  Seeing them together at the same time is just an overload of annoyance.

The level of douchebaggery to have the BOTH going back and forth made it enjoyable for me.

Seeing Chael walk all over normal "journalists" is annoying and old.

Landsberg is a douche, but doesn't back down.

Somehow the combination of the two going at it (beep) was great to watch.

chael wasn't upset. the guy was playing along but screwed up the flow by locking chael up on the gsp comment. chael only had one card to play once that happened....storm off