Dojo Storm: Former Sanda world champ ends it with old trick

Some folks like their humble pie to include a good old-fashioned kick to the face. One Sanda world champ was nice enough to offer one man a deep dish of it, in an entertaining tasting session.

In the embedded video below, a silly shlub of a man challenges a 1997 Sanda world champion from Romania. For the uninitiated, Sanda is a Chinese martial art that has served as the base art for many future champions of the MMA world. Several members of the well-known Filipino MMA gym Team Lakay – men like Eduard Folayang and Joshua Pacio – went on to become world champions in ONE Championship after years of training in the art.

Wushu world Champ lands Nasty Head Kick

The champ started with a hard leg kick and got the same by the challenger. The champion counter strikes him with a powerful left straight and then fools him with the oldest trick in the book. After throwing that first leg kick he got the amateur thinking low and scored high with a second kick to the head. Knocking his overmatched opponent down.

The man almost seems stunned by the shot, ala Chris Tucker in Rush Hour. The lighting fast knockdown was so impressive that the champ quickly seems to feel sorry for the poor sap and is the one that helps him back to his feet. As much as the kick is a highlight, the Wushu practitioner’s empathy for the man is quite honorable as he really doesn’t want to pummel this guy anymore. And eventually, Gigi Sanda talks the man out of stupidly continuing …

“Eres Bueno, o no? (Are you good, or not?)”
“Para que me retas? (Why did you challenge me?)”
“Yo pensaba que eras bueno! (I thought you are good!)"

The challenger asks for light strikes, and withdraws. Gigi Sanda continues.
“Quieres eso o no? (Do you want it or not?)"

Now seeing the error of his ways, the challenger gave up. And what of Gigi Sanda? Well, the old dog showed his kick game is as lethal and speedy as ever in this impromptu life lesson and sparring session.

LINK