Champions Challenge Results

This was my first tournament to compete in....and it was definantly a fun and learning experience!

Great tourney.......and a big THANKS to my teamates for all the training and coaching!!!

that was a great tournament! thanks a lot dr1 and dc1!!! i had a great time and hope to be at the next one!

pj

Mike Yelsik why didn't you come say hi?I didn't even know that you were there.

Sorry Don, I saw you were really busy. It seems you were reffing(sp?) the whole time, or making the brackets. Great tournament though. I sat with Gabe and JJ most of the time.

It's cool I'm just giving you a hard time;)I was pretty busy though.Reffing is tough I'm sore as heck today.

Mike, introduce yourself, you were probably 3 feet away and I didn't know it.

Quinn, I understand what you mean because Jake initiated. I called it a reversal because it was in guard, Gabe had some sort of control of his legs(single leg, hands on knees) and then Gabe got on top. Same thing if Jake were to go for a guilitine to guard jump from standing and Gabe were grabbing his pants. That is my best explanation, refs make mistakes though. Great match, both of them gutted out some subs.

Matt, I will definitely introduce myself next time. All you guys looked really busy coaching/reffing, etc...

Great Reffing for sure!

Thanks Kai reffing is very hard and it's nice to get compliments.I know I may have missed a few calls but thankfully none had an effect on the outcome of the matches.Things happen so quickly that if you lose focus even for one second you can miss a call,Example:Henry Matamoros vs. John Mahlow Henry had alot of postitions but some times didn't hold them for long enough to get the points it made it very close at the end the final score was something like 5-4 even though there were several postition changes.There were alot of advantages scored in that match too.

DR1: Well BJJ scoring is very rough sometimes... I mean, the difference between a sweep (2 or 3 points) and a reversal (advantage) can be so very slight...

Figuring out who actually scored a takedown can be very very hard to figure out, especially if it goes off the mat.

Restarts are always problematic, I mean trying to figure out where everyone is supposed to be.

Refs are never perfect, and it's a very hard job, but as long as they are trying... not sitting around talking to people in the stands, laying on the mat, or talking on a cell phone during the matches.

The reffing was excellent at this tourney..

I will get the white belt results up Tuesday. I just got back from training with Big Don and I moving a little slow.

Don best of luck with your upcoming MMA match with Jeff Monsin.

Wiley, how does the chicks division look at your tournament??

Also, will there be money for the PRO females?

ZeSaku, yes, Darvin did very will up untill the time that his rib popped. He has been have problems with it for a couple weeks now so it was a reacurrence(sp?)thing but hurt him pretty bad. He was fighting one of mine and Quinn's guy when it happened. It was from I think a gil choke that was reversed from bottom to top mount or something. I know the guy that did it felt pretty bad about it though.

And yes, to all the refs, great job! I didn't even see any bias judging! ;0)

"and it was my pleasure to meet tapme!! very classy chick indeed...."

Hey Quinn, quit sucking up! You made it pretty open and blank to EVERYONE that you where hitting on her all day!! LOL!

Very well run tournament and Im happy to see that everything turned out for the better. This tournament keeps growing and getting better every year. Look out 2005 cause I have a feeling that this tournament is going to hit the roof!

Like Quinn said, awesome job to all the guys that train with us. Most of them it was their first tournament or second or third for some others. You guys all did a kick ass job!! See ya guys in class on WED.

Everyone else, kick ass to you too! :0P

Marie Colangelo

The tournament was very well run. Dan and Don did a nice job setting it up and making sure that things ran smoothly.

It was nice to meet both of you guys.

Jason Fox

Does anyone have any pictures of this event? I am mainly looking for pictures of my fights.

Marie Colangelo

"Hey Quinn, quit sucking up! You made it pretty open and blank to EVERYONE that you where hitting on her all day!! LOL!"

Well *I* wasn't the girl Quinn was chasing around the parking lot after the tourney. Nobody was hitting on the Kitmeister. Well, no MAN anyways.

There was a WOMAN who wanted me take me out for drinks after the tourney. Instead we went to a BBQ, and she teased me for drinking pop instead of beer. She offered to drive me to get some other alcohol; apparently she wanted to be alone with me. I'm sensing she wanted to get me drunk pretty badly too. When she saw a poster of half-naked chicks in Laura's son's room, she dragged me upstairs to go look at the poster's erotic images, alone with her. Just so we're clear Marie, I'm flattered but I'm not that kind of girl!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! THATS SOME FUNNY SHIT TAP ME!!!HAHAHA

marie quit being jelous!!! i still luv ya!

matt i hear ya....its a tuff job....thats why when don asked me to ref a few matches,i would have,but sure didnt want to....lucky for me i still had guys on the mat.....

oh and the family that had us over after the turrney are very cool people!!! it was nice to hang with the people of WW....

cant remember any names as usual......

Ouch, struck by lighting!

It's all good. Quinn, deffenitly not jelous, but nice try. TapMe, deffenitly wasnt hitting on you. I was making fun of you for drinking pop though. Up here in Detroit after a hard day, we all sit around and drink beer or alcohol. Was just trying to break you into the Detroit tradition! Shit, I broke LaRosa in real quick and we were in NYC. LOL, she learned to never drink with me again!!

Anyway, other than the weather that you thought was cold (it was 75 degress out), hope you had a blast. Maybe I'll see you at NAGA in Chicago in May. There's going to deffenitly be some partying going on that weekend!

hehehe...

I want to thank every one from Warrior Way for helping make this event run so well.

Don, Harvy, Jess, Mark, Harper, Brandon, Chris and Wife, Angelo, & Todd. I'm sorry if I missed anyone.

Also Matt and Jason from U of M

Thanks everyone Dan Cousineau