Championships you recognize as world titles?

Past and present? UFC is obviously the most prestigious currently and at one point PRIDE could claim that too. WEC belts were legit in the lower weight classes. Strikeforce and Bellator were / are big enough and international enough that I would call there champs world champions. Any other orgs you can think of?

AK-BJJ - Past and present? UFC is obviously the most prestigious currently and at one point PRIDE could claim that too. WEC belts were legit in the lower weight classes. Strikeforce and Bellator were / are big enough and international enough that I would call there champs world champions. Any other orgs you can think of?

Fucking 02ers...

What the hell kinda responses are those?

AK-BJJ - What the hell kinda responses are those?
Typical UG responses. The douches come in numbers Phone Post 3.0

Dream
Bodog had a ton of top guys in it.
Affliction

Are we just talking mma? Cause UFC is the only org you can legit say "world" champ.

Past, I would go with Shooto.

Invicta Phone Post

UFC and Pride would be it. Bellator isn't there yet and I'm not sure Elite XC or Strikeforce ever were either. Strikeforce and WEC are borderline though and could probably have an argument made for them.

Affliction probably could have been if they lasted longer. Phone Post 3.0

Not MMA but Glory

Ufc is the current gold standard for everything mma. If your a ufc champ you are a world champion.

Wec was like that for the lighter weight classes back in the day, and of course ufc/pride a few years ago

Everything else was second tier Junior tittles

Thats not to say the fighters in those orginazations where second tier. Some where elite world class but the title they would fight for itself wasnt.

Strikeforce ww title imo.

NBA, MLB, NFL, WC, WIMBELDON, PGA, PRIDE NEVER DIE FC Phone Post 3.0

Jewels a couple years back maybe.

UFC

Invicta  for the ladies

Thats it currently.

Gojira Ninja - Shooto, maybe. Probably.

No to Affliction, Bodog, IFL, EliteXC, dream, Yamma, Bamma, Whamma-Lamma ding dong

UFC, Pride, WEC, Strikeforce, Bellator. That's about it. Phone Post 3.0

This is kinda how I think as well except for Shooto... But admittedly maybe I just didn't follow it close enough. After watching WSOF this weekend theirs might mean something if they can stick around too... Like at a Strikeforce level.

UFC, Pride, Shooto, and ZUffa era WEC are the four that I would consider.