Chance to buy the land next to mine

I got 6.7 acres. There is 5.7 for sale to the north of me. This would put about 10 to 12 acres between me and my neighbor to the north, with a thick tree line inbetween. If I don't buy it, I'll see some other person living beside me. Not sure I can afford it but it makes me sick to think I'll loose my privacy.

What if you buy the 5.7 but your neighbor to the north sneaks on your property most nights and peeks through your window?

Canooke -

What if you buy the 5.7 but your neighbor to the north sneaks on your property most nights and peeks through your window?

May already be doing it.

But it. Land is power.

bigtree421 -

See if your neighbor wants to buy it with you. Seems it would be good for you both.

Actually... the neighbors whose land borders the southern part of that tract may split it with me. 1/2 is on a ridge, the half he wants is hillside. I live on the Ridge so I don't need the hill. He is dragging his feet

Do it. My father had the 10 acres go up for sale next to him. He didn't buy it and someone else did and built three houses. So he went from having the nearest neighbor almost half a mile away to having three houses in his back yard. 

Ive got a parcel next to mine for sale, but the excavation costs would be insane for anyone to build there, so there it sits.

How much?

Well, what type of mine is it?

Dude, buy it. Trust me. You may only have one shot in your lifetime. 

Its expensive, but putting your money into land is always good. It seldom if ever loses value.

my dad bought 80 acres. 15 acres was for sale by the same owner at the time. He declined, and for the next 15 years was in hell. The guys that bought the 15 acres were animals. They finally sold it to my dad and he couldnt be happier. 

wormiwalkinstik -
bigtree421 -

See if your neighbor wants to buy it with you. Seems it would be good for you both.

Actually... the neighbors whose land borders the southern part of that tract may split it with me. 1/2 is on a ridge, the half he wants is hillside. I live on the Ridge so I don't need the hill. He is dragging his feet
Hope it works out for you

they don't make any more it

corny but true

If it puts you in a bad spot financially don't do it.

6.7 is adequate space

ranier wolfcastle - 

6.7 is adequate space

Yeah but 12.4 is more adequater!

Buy it, and put up the other half for sale?  Best of both worlds?

Ruprecht - How much?

this

An estimated 15,000 to 20,000 people are killed or maimed by mines every year. Don't do it!

always buy land, there's not being anymore made