Chandler Accused of Throwing Poirier Fight to Score McGregor Payday

3 Likes

2 Likes

Michael Chandler lost his fight against Dustin Poirier, tapping to a third-round rear-naked choke as part of the UFC 281 pay-per-view (PPV) event last Nov. in New York City. Falling to “The Diamond” booted “Iron” from the 155-pound title chase, but also put him in line to score the biggest fight — and biggest payday — of his professional career.

That was by design, according to lightweight champion Islam Makhachev.
“These are both so smart guys,” Makhachev told BT Sport. “Conor chose Chandler. Chandler lost on purpose because if he beat a couple of guys it was never going to happen, versus McGregor. Of course, of course [he lost on purpose]. He fights like crazy, like he comes from the streets. That’s why they make the fight.”

Chandler and McGregor are currently filming The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 31 and will collide atop a UFC PPV card later this year, though promotion president Dana White cautions there are still several hurdles to clear before the bout becomes official. As for Makhachev, he’s expected to make his Octagon return atop the UFC 294 card in October.
“He does not deserve, if he beats Chandler or some of the guys,” Makhachev said. “But if UFC want, why not? Make some good money. Let’s go.”

1 Like

It’s definitely a possibility

1 Like

Wherever there’s money there’s corruption.
Just like him using an IV to rehydrate.
Glass houses and all that stuff

1 Like

If Chandler threw that fight, he’s thrown nearly every fight he’s been in, considering he doesn’t fight to the best of his abilities and instead stands and wangs.

I don’t believe it but nothing’s impossible

1 Like

I like Islam but this is silly. Chandler was originally never even a factor in the TUF discussion. It was Nate.

And even if Chandler had beaten Dustin, he could still fight Conor next. In fact, I think that would have made this fight even better. With both of them coming off losses to Dustin, it’s hard for me to care or take either of them seriously at all

3 Likes

Oh, it’s just Islam speaking his own bullshit nonsense as it it were fact and truth.

Moving on.

1 Like

At this stage of his career Chandler is throwing every fight for the just bleed gods

1 Like