Chandler reacts to Islam

“I see here Michael Chandler, why not? Let’s go Chandler,” Makhachev said backstage at UFC Vegas 31. “You come for easy fight in the UFC? No, you come from Bellator, we want to give you a hard time. Let’s do this. Chandler, if you hear me, let’s do this. You come from Bellator, I want to check your skills.”

In response, Chandler complimented Makhachev on a job well done as he put on a stellar performance in his first UFC main event while extending his current win streak to eight fights in a row.

Chandler also couldn’t help but smile when hearing his name mentioned as Makhachev took full advantage of having a captive audience at his attention following such an impressive victory over Moises.

“Slick little call out right there,” Chandler said when answering Makhachev on the UFC Vegas 31 post fight show. “He did what he said he was going to do tonight and he did what he needed to do tonight, which was go out there and put a big stamp on his performance. Now he’s doing what he needs to do as well. He’s sitting at No. 9, he wants to say as many names as he possibly can. Slick little call out.

“The man impressed tonight. I’ve got to take my fighter hat off, be the analyst tonight, he did a phenomenal job against a very tough man. Kid’s got a bright future, we’ll see what happens.”

Of course Chandler wasn’t going to get off quite that easily as fellow analyst Michael Chiesa pushed him a little bit harder while asking him to break down a possible style matchup with Makhachev

1 Like

Fuck it lets do it

2 Likes

I prefer Islam vs Dariush as the winner would without a doubt be next for a title shot, they’re on great streaks. Chandler vs Gaethje would be better, both coming off title losses.

1 Like

This fight would be electric

2 Likes

Chandler was like “I dont want anything to do with that. Imma just not react”

The division would make way more sense too, they’re both older so one would be out of title contention for the relevant future. Dariush/Islam gets the shot against Poirier/Olivera. Nobody else in the top 10 (Ferg, RDA, Conor) has an argument for a title shot. The only wildcard could be Holloway going up again.

Chandler has the best style to match up with Islam on paper but honestly I’m pretty sure Islam would just dominate him

agreed. Islam is huge for 155 Chandler could KO him early…that is if he can hit him