Changes

I like it, people piss and moan at first but that'll stop soon enough. Well done.

ttt

ttt

I also dislike the multiple page threads, but would be happy if there was an "all" option. Thanks!

Hey Kirik, will do as soon as I move to the new place.

I don't think that makes a lot of sense to remove the archives. The point of the archives is a place to save all the best threads, as selected by the moderators, in one convenient list that everyone can see. The current forum doesn't have that functionality.

hmmm, I have to agree, multiple pages break up the continuity of a thread. I only use dialup and single continuous threads have never been a problem.

Also, why are everyone's profiles different? Some have the same amount of info, some half, and some even less.

HonkeyStyle is correct.  I don't like the multi page threads either.

Gary Hughes

Kirik,

as far as the 'multiple pages on a thread' issue is it possible to simply add a 'show all posts' option in the user preferences?  This would satisfy the people who like the posts being divided up into pages as well as the people who like all the posts on the same page.

Broken rotties?  The horror!  hehe, if a 'show all posts' option is too dificult to program in maybe Gabe can add a 'show 500 posts per page' option.  Personally I think a 100 max is fine.  Not too many threads make it over 100 unless it's something really good like a free Maxim Mag subscription thread.

Keegan for sure that is doable. Right now the guys are plugging 100 gltiches, so give em a little time.

gabe,

How are you planning on marking threads that are viewable for pro only?

I vote no on multiple pages for threads too...

I also vote no on multiple pages.It disrupts the flow when you what to go back and catch something that has been said.

I'm not too fond of the multiple pages either.