Changing Careers Into Tech/Programing

And there you have it, I haven’t even heard of it as being seven layers yet. I’ll look into something like you described, thanks man.

Please Do Not Throw Sausage Pizza Away.

5 Likes

Sadly im pretty sure this all most of my colleagues remember about the layers

2 Likes

Wasn’t that a Podesta email?!?

Turns out Obama was just a major security enthusiast!

3 Likes

Googled this and a top result from Reddit was:

A pussy so tight no dick penetrates

I’ll continue my search for clarity!

3 Likes

That always pissed me off. Sausage pizza is delicious.

1 Like
1 Like

Doing the udemy course for AWS security now. Helps to get a more comprehensive understanding of hacks, response, defense, logging etc. It’s almost interesting.

Almost.

3 Likes

For my CSS homies on this thread, I’ve redone my base CSS setup.

I am now using a 3 part reset for my base CSS (in this order):

1. normalize.css
  2. the-new-css-reset
  3. My own, very minimal, base CSS reset on top of it

I decided on this approach based on this article by the creator of the-new-css-reset: -

He is a CSS/HTML pro so I will use his reset via npm as I expect it to be up to date.

My own minimal base CSS reset is as follows: -

/* https://www.aleksandrhovhannisyan.com/blog/62-5-percent-font-size-trick/ */
html {
  font-size: 62.5%;
}

ol,
ul {
  padding: 0;
  margin: 0;
}

a {
  text-decoration: none;
}

h1, /* h1 might conflict with normalize.css h1 setting */
h2,
h3,
h4,
h5,
h6 {
  margin: 0;
}

With all the resets and standardization above done, I am down to the following CSS hierarchy: -

global>theme>component/element

BTW, with moving away from CSS-in-JS, my .css/.scss are now being formatted with prettier on save and linted by stylelint.

2 Likes

Hmm… scanned the article quickly - it is just to help some people with Math? I don’t have any problem using the “fractions of 16”.

New to me!

1 Like

It just means it sets the default font-size to 10px based on all browsers having a default font size of 16px, allowing use of REMs like font-size: 1.8rem to produce font-size: 18px under the hood. Works for me.

As for the CSS reset setup, I am perfectly happy with what I have there. I don’t want to have to maintain my own CSS core reset (that which is now handled by the-new-css-reset and normalize) as I am not a professional browser quirk investigator. Never dev something when some can dev it for you!

Then my own reset/base CSS is thrown on top of that to add in my preferences.

Wireshark is one of the fastest ways to start understanding. I tried reading this book back in the day and could barely stay awake after a few pages.

2 Likes

Doesn’t bear thinking about.

1 Like

BTW Alphabetical Sorter is a really useful VSCode extension. I use it a lot.