Charles Oliveira: AC was too hard on me

Phisher -  

Jones didn't hit Shogun with an illegal knee. He was still up when it landed. He also didn't land any throat strikes. Dean warned him to avoid the throat when he was throwing elbows to Shogun's chin on the ground.

Correct. He probably "thought" that last knee was illegal... it wasn't.

SHogun was in mid-fall when he ate that last one.

But yeah, Mr. Olivera needs to watch the end of Jones-Hammil... apparently he is unaware of what a DQ is..

Fyuk Yu - Oliveira vs Cerrone would be SIIIIICK!!!!

agreed!

but i thought i read Oliveira vs J-Lo was next?

That's bs bisping's knee was intentional and was allowed to keep the win do something Dana WTF? Phone Post

Oliveira has agreed to step in against cerrone!! At versus 5! That's gunna be off the hook!! It's a pre lim though! And hanman v cb is main card, spewing!!! Phone Post

semtex0809 - That's bs bisping's knee was intentional and was allowed to keep the win do something Dana WTF? Phone Post

It doesn't matter. The UFC doesn't view it as a loss or a bad performance so it has no negative effect on his future. Phone Post

His illegal knee is the only reason he was able to get the back and the submission, why would he even want a win like that

He was winning the fight and the knee happened. All that matters is Dana is giving him tougher competition and Lentz will stay on the prelims.

The fight was exciting because of Olivera, Lentz was there getting his ass kicked and gets a no contest for a fight he was gonna lose Phone Post

MisQ x - He was winning the fight and the knee happened. All that matters is Dana is giving him tougher competition and Lentz will stay on the prelims.

The fight was exciting because of Olivera, Lentz was there getting his ass kicked and gets a no contest for a fight he was gonna lose Phone Post

STFU clown. Lentz is a warrior and tried to continue fighting even after the illegal knee. His last fight was a barn burner and so was this one.

You're a pathetic zombie who doesn't investigate anything for himself. You simply regurgitate what you've heard other people saying like a mindless drone who can't think for himself. Phone Post

Kanabull -
MisQ x - He was winning the fight and the knee happened. All that matters is Dana is giving him tougher competition and Lentz will stay on the prelims.

STFU clown. Lentz is a warrior and tried to continue fighting even after the illegal knee. His last fight was a barn burner and so was this one.

You're a pathetic zombie who doesn't investigate anything for himself. You simply regurgitate what you've heard other people saying like a mindless drone who can't think for himself. Phone Post

I watched the fight he was losing his only attempt that threatened was a guillotine and that wa from half guard.

He got dropped on the feet and couldn't control while on top. He was slowing considerably In the second round.

Do you think that was clever calling me a mindless zombie. Watch the fight and tell me what Lentz did that would make you think he could win the fight.

Getting almost knocked out in the first and nearly submitted.

The knee was illegal but without a lucky KO punch he wasn't going to win that in a decision.

Olivera was at another level that night. Phone Post

Terrible decision  to change the fight to a NC.  It sets a bad precedent and can open up a can of worms for future fights. 

They have a ref in there.  It's his job to see these things.  He failed to catch the illegal knee, the fight went on and Lentz lost the fight due to the refs error.  Sucks, but this is what happens in sports.  Nobody is perfect and sometimes refs make costly mistakes, but such is life

The issue for me is that other sports don't do this.  You'll never see a NFL or NHL change the result of a game in which the outcome was decided due to a referee error.  and believe me there are many of these.  if this was the case my Calgary Flames would be 2004 Stanley Cup Champions.

What if Tito would have wen't to the AC after the first Chocolate Al fight saying the unseen eye poke caused him to lose. Now obviously I know the Lentz knee was more detrimental, all I'm saying is it sets a precedent for future fights.

The Ref is in there with them.  Thats why he's paid to be there.  If he can't do the job then the AC needs to deal with him and him alone.  They should not go around changing fight results.  Bad idea

MisQ x -
Kanabull -

I watched the fight he was losing his only attempt that threatened was a guillotine and that wa from half guard.

He got dropped on the feet and couldn't control while on top. He was slowing considerably In the second round.

Do you think that was clever calling me a mindless zombie. Watch the fight and tell me what Lentz did that would make you think he could win the fight.

The knee was illegal but without a lucky KO punch he wasn't going to win that in a decision.

I'm not saying Lentz was winning, but you really think he was already out of the fight? You ever watched MMA before? Most unpredictable sport on the planet.

How do you know Oliveira wouldn't have gassed and then ended up losing in the third round? You say Oliveria was robbed of a win, I say Lentz was robbed of the opportunity to prove his ability to weather the storm and prevail victorious.

I apologize for the overreaction. I'm just sick of people bad mouthing Lentz. Most haven't even seen him fight more than once and they call him a LnP guy. I saw his fight live in Seattle and he is a real fighter with huge heart. Would have won FOTN there as well if those two Bantamweights hadn't had an absolute slugfest following his fight.

He was losing badly to Oliveira, but so was Anderson Silva against Chael Sonnen. Lentz was not out of that fight yet, and like I said, he was cheated out of his opportunity to prove it.

Also, that cut/mouse under his eye was nasty. No way they would have let it continue if the ref hadn't filled his pants.

Also FYI, I think Oliveira is a FAR better fighter. But if you're a fan of MMA, you should also know the best fighter doesn't always win.

Again, sorry about the mindless zombie comments. Thanks for being cool headed in your response unlike myself. Phone Post

What the fuck is wrong with Olivera?

I mean seriously everything he said to defend himself is completely wrong and ass backwards. Hopefully someone tells him what the fuck is going on.

Kid Salami -  Terrible decision  to change the fight to a NC.  It sets a bad precedent and can open up a can of worms for future fights. 

They have a ref in there.  It's his job to see these things.  He failed to catch the illegal knee, the fight went on and Lentz lost the fight due to the refs error.  Sucks, but this is what happens in sports.  Nobody is perfect and sometimes refs make costly mistakes, but such is life

The issue for me is that other sports don't do this.  You'll never see a NFL or NHL change the result of a game in which the outcome was decided due to a referee error.  and believe me there are many of these.  if this was the case my Calgary Flames would be 2004 Stanley Cup Champions.

What if Tito would have wen't to the AC after the first Chocolate Al fight saying the unseen eye poke caused him to lose. Now obviously I know the Lentz knee was more detrimental, all I'm saying is it sets a precedent for future fights.

The Ref is in there with them.  Thats why he's paid to be there.  If he can't do the job then the AC needs to deal with him and him alone.  They should not go around changing fight results.  Bad idea<br type="_moz" />

Way wrong. A bad precedent would to have allowed Olivera to land a devastating illegal strike and give him the win. That opens up doors for guys to sneak nut shots, bite, and do other illegal shit for the win when they think the ref has a bad angle. I find the former way scarier than the AC taking a win away when a fighter cheats to victory. I think Charles would have won anyway but what the AC did was no different than overturning a win for someone who popped for roids.

Kid Salami -  Terrible decision  to change the fight to a NC.  It sets a bad precedent and can open up a can of worms for future fights. 

The Ref is in there with them.  Thats why he's paid to be there.  If he can't do the job then the AC needs to deal with him and him alone.  They should not go around changing fight results.  Bad idea

Lmao wtf? You use the NFL as a standard to prove your point? You ever heard of challenges? The coaches are allowed to throw a flag that forces the referee to review their own call. Phone Post

Kanabull -
MisQ x -
Kanabull -

I'm not saying Lentz was winning, but you really think he was already out of the fight? You ever watched MMA before? Most unpredictable sport on the planet.

How do you know Oliveira wouldn't have gassed and then ended up losing in the third round? You say Oliveria was robbed of a win, I say Lentz was robbed of the opportunity to prove his ability to weather the storm and prevail victorious.

I apologize for the overreaction. I'm just sick of people bad mouthing Lentz. Most haven't even seen him fight more than once and they call him a LnP guy. I saw his fight live in Seattle and he is a real fighter with huge heart. Would have won FOTN there as well if those two Bantamweights hadn't had an absolute slugfest following his fight.

He was losing badly to Oliveira, but so was Anderson Silva against Chael Sonnen. Lentz was not out of that fight yet, and like I said, he was cheated out of his opportunity to prove it.

Also, that cut/mouse under his eye was nasty. No way they would have let it continue if the ref hadn't filled his pants.

Also FYI, I think Oliveira is a FAR better fighter. But if you're a fan of MMA, you should also know the best fighter doesn't always win.

Again, sorry about the mindless zombie comments. Thanks for being cool headed in your response unlike myself. Phone Post

Both are warriors and i think if charles somehow loses against cerrone and lentz pics up a win they should definitely have a rematch just to be fair and set the record straight

Off subject but this is what I wish i could see more of on the ug. Respect to both of u for showing some class. It's rare around here Phone Post

Don't get me wrong though. I'm glad Lentz is out of commission for a little while and we don't have to watch his disgraceful dry humping for points.

Evilzpet - Don't get me wrong though. I'm glad Lentz is out of commission for a little while and we don't have to watch his disgraceful dry humping for points.

Lol nice troll job. Phone Post

I love watching Charles fight, but I'll never be upset to see him lose, because his attitude is terrible. Two fights ago you have him discrediting the skills of his opponent, a black belt in the sport Charles is a purple in, mind you, and saying that he's going to "show Jim Miller what real BJJ is," before swiftly getting his leg yanked off.

Now, this fight, he's trying to act like there is no responsibility on his own shoulders for throwing an illegal strike, like the ref missing it suddenly excuses him from throwing it. He's young, so there's plenty of time to grow up, but until he does it's hard to really root for the kid.