Charles Oliveira gets dropped alot

But I am not sure how hurt he is when he gets dropped. It seems he just flops backwards whenever he gets hits solid. Maybe that was his solution to his “chin problems.” He looks pretty aware when he gets dropped and is inviting a grappling exchange. He also recovers fast. So he stops from getting multiple shots taken in succession.

People criticized Chandler when he engaged on the ground when he had Charles hurt. But in hindsight, do we say maybe Gaethje shouldve pounced on Charles on the ground when he was damaged.

no, he would have subbed him even faster that way.

Oliveira is a huge problem for the division because if he gets nailed on the feet he can drop down to his back and either recover for a few seconds or invite his opponent into his world.

fantastic fighter, he is a problem for everyone in that division. I think the dark horse is Beneil.

1 Like

I’ve seen Charles be neutralized on the ground by high level grappling wrestlers. And I can see Beneil and Islam do that. But Charles has gotten so good in standup and with power that he probably would have an advantage against both on the feet.