Charles Oliveira vs Dustin Poirier - WHO WINS?

• Charles Oliveria
  • Dustin Poirier

0 voters

Can’t wait for this scrap. Two of my favorite fighters that always look for the finish.

1 Like

Gaethje: Dustin don’t wanna go through this again :eyes:

3 Likes

So true, whoever wins Gaethje is gonna cash in big time.
Dustin is a big star.

Oliveira is popular and if he’s able to finish Gaethje he’ll have a huge bump.

I don’t see how Oliveira gets Dustin down to sub him. On the feet I think Dustin is good enough to either win a Dec or TKO Charles.

2 Likes

Oliveira has great timing with his takedowns and Dustin has a 50%-60% takedown defense. Hooker was able to take him down…

However, Dustin has good BJJ and I think he’ll be able to get back up once down. The question is how well can he get Oliveira off his back if it gets to that point, many can’t

2 Likes

I think Dustin is confident enough in his BJJ against most people that he won’t fight the takedown too much or he’ll throw caution to the wind and do risky things like going for the takedown on Conor with reckless abandon and nearly getting caught in a guillotine.

I don’t think that will apply against Charles. I don’t think Dustin will want to make it a grappling match unless he absolutely has to.

Surprised to see it slanted towards Charles even though I think he will win. Should be great fight!

1 Like

Dustin by decision imo. I dont think Do Bronx can keep Dustin on the ground for long stretches and I dont think he gets the better of the stand up exchanges either.

Dustin can’t win by decision imo. Oliveira usually gets KO’d, not outclassed. My money is on Oliveira

1 Like

I’m going Do Bronx! I was a fan of his before he got his teeth fixed and was funny looking. I fucks with Oliveira. I fucks with em hard.

3 Likes

I used to dislike Charles when he was constantly missing weight at featherweight years ago.

But the move to LW was wise and his striking has improved, although Dustin still has the better hands of the two.

Even though he’s the champ, I feel like Oliveira is still underrated by many fans (not too many in this thread’s poll, however). And he’s the more well-rounded fighter of the two, so I gotta go with the champ by decision.

1 Like

Your the first I’ve heard say it, but I agree, Charles by decision is not far fetched.

But considering both of their styles, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it stopped.
Dustin was unable to put Max or Hooker away, both guys are tough as nails but after seeing Oliveira put away Chandler and Gaethje not being able to, I wonder if Dustin will have the fire power to make it happen.

I also think if Oliveira is stunned, Dustin will swarm and Oliveira will shoot and get the TD.

Going to be a great scrap

2 Likes

Do Bronx us quiet and looks kinda nerdy. Consequently, people over look him.
Charlie Olives gets it done.

1 Like

They do big time. People are still looking at Oliveira like he’s a featherweight starving himself.
He’s a big lanky LW as it is, this is the best weight class for him and it shows.

9 fight win streak against legends and hot up and comers alike.

Most impressive thing as of late is Gaethje not being able to put Chandler away and Oliveira doing it 30 seconds into the 2nd round.

1 Like

Poirier by KO. 3rd round.

Going to be an excellent fight

1 Like

Ttt

Dustin too well rounded imo

WHAT?? More well rounded than Charles?!? I disagree fella. Dustin maybe the better striker and have higher valume, but I would think Charlie Olives to be the more well rounded. But either way it’s still close. I think ot comes down to whoever makes the first mistake.

4 Likes

So Close
Pick Em

Have to go with Do Bronx

1 Like

Feels like a pick em but Dustin is the -160 favorite as of now. I hope more money pours in on Dustin and that plus money keeps building on Olivera’s side. I think Charles has the speed advantage and his strikes come straight down the pipe. I think he beats Dustin to the punch who throws his shots a little more loopy. I see that stabbing front body kick Charles throws causing big issues for Dustin. Great fight and I’ve got the lean on Charles.

2 Likes