Charlie Brenneman asks for cheque from Jones

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Viewpoint-Lonely-Road-45137

Charlie Brenneman apparently tweeted this to Jones.

"Jonny Bones, can you send my check to P.O. Box 198. EH NJ. Rent is due the first, so preferably by then. Thanks."

Its not like Jones gained me as a fan for his decision, i simply understand it. And not like I really cared for Brenneman anyhow but he completely lost me as one. Im not even sure if its worth creating a thread about him and not sure if this is fighter bashing but I would def like to call him out on this.

Apparently, shortly after, according to Sherdog, the Brenneman/Noke bout was rescheduled to 152. Does Brennman now owe his check to Jones? Or does he owe it to his employer, the same people who cancelled his bout in the first place (or basically as it turns out rescheduled it).

If he's just trying to put himself in the media mix, good for him but I think Twitter really doesnt serve a lot of "celebrities" well. I think its rather pathetic that Brenneman is trying to put this on Jones and trying to be funny at the same time.

Charlie, you do realize it was Dan that got injured and pulled out of the fight and apparently kept the injury to huimself for 3 weeks right? And the people who make the decision to cancel the show is the promoter even when its up to them to put the card together?

Charlie is really good people. Trained with him a lot back in PA a few years ago, and he has a great attitude, work ethic, and skills. He was probably just messing around a bit with that statement, but I believe he was also making a point that he and Rick Story were in a similar situation not long ago and took their fight on really late notice. Those guys obviously have a lot less to lose than Jones, but I think he has room to talk on this one.

The whole thing has turned people retarded.

People who complain about weak cards in general and this weak card in particular suddenly are outraged that it has been cancelled rather than made exponentially weaker.

People who complain about superstars being wasted in stupid matchups suddenly are outraged an epically stupid matchup was turned down by a superstar and a far more interesting matchup accepted.

People who complain about Dana bashing and bullying fighters are suddenly bashing a fighter for refusing to be bullied. 

Might be a good guy, might be a dick, i dont know but in this world of tweeting and shit, all i know is that he sounds lke he thinks Jones owes him something.

Jones owes him shit.

Thats all i know.

Yup, not a fan of him for sure. Phone Post

orcus -  The whole thing has turned people retarded.

People who complain about weak cards in general and this weak card in particular suddenly are outraged that it has been cancelled rather than made exponentially weaker.

People who complain about superstars being wasted in stupid matchups suddenly are outraged an epically stupid matchup was turned down by a superstar and a far more interesting matchup accepted.

People who complain about Dana bashing and bullying fighters are suddenly bashing a fighter for refusing to be bullied. 

Brenneman also made himself to sound like a tard to me. The pitfalls of twittering yourself to the world.

JBJ owns nothing to people like Brenneman. It´s not JBJs problem that nobody wants to buy a card without him...

Sour grapes - if Charlie is trying to be funny, he needs to try WAY harder.

Huge fan, I will be a bigger one now.

As a fighter, let alone a champion, you've got to be ready for your opponent to be replaced.

It happens OFTEN.

VTFU

Dana is filled with ecstasy when he sees this. Fighters are angry at a fellow fighter and not the guy who actually made the call to cancel the show. He's lovin' it. Not a single fighter has DARED bring up Zuffa's role in all of this.

12SixElbow -  Huge fan, I will be a bigger one now.

As a fighter, let alone a champion, you've got to be ready for your opponent to be replaced.
It happens OFTEN.

. Phone Post

epwar - Dana is filled with ecstasy when he sees this. Fighters are angry at a fellow fighter and not the guy who actually made the call to cancel the show. He's lovin' it. Not a single fighter has DARED bring up Zuffa's role in all of this.

Dana is smart but the demographics he's dealing with arent exactly the sharpest bunch.

Charlie is entitled to say what he wants.

He's the guy who was supposed to be getting paid in 7 days and is going to have to endure another month of expenses because Jon Jones was afraid of Chael Sonnen.

Jon Jones is entitled to do what he wants.

He's the guy with the belt and millions on the line not to mention the reputation and legacy as one of the best the sport's seen.

He's supposed to suddenly risk that on 8 days notice (and i agree its not really like he' got a full 8 days from then to fight day to train) and endure the blame of another fighter's situation which Zuffa controls?

voted up

Good for Brenneman to speak out.

Yeah, good for Charlie. Jones had a full camp, and he's fighting the same exact opponent, no matter how much Winklejohn and Jackson say otherwise. The same exact opponent with zero KO power.

I think Jones is completely responsible for the cancellation. He's the champ, that means he does not get the choice of opponents, and fights whoever is put in front of him.

Charlie was fortunate that his employer found him a spot on a card only a few weeks away, not many other fighters were so fortunate, so yeah they all have a right to be pissed at Jones and make such tweets.

LOL at not being someone's fan any more over a comment they had every right to make, and then defend a guy who single handily screwed thousands of people.

Jones did take full responsibility for UFC 151 which probably includes financial. Phone Post

Am I the only one he thought he said that in a joking way? I'm sure he was frustrated and was wondering if he was going to get paid still but I highly doubt he honestly thought Jones personally owed him money for this. Phone Post