Charlie Hunnam modeled Jax Teller after a real

person. 

To prep for his role, Hunnam hung out with outlaw bikers in northern California. “There was a kid I met in this club who was exactly who I was hired to play.

He was the son of a man in the motorcycle club, he’d grown up in the club, every one of his birthday parties had been thrown in the clubhouse. I wear exactly the shoes he wore, the jeans he wore. He had a powerful impact on me. He was an amazing guy.” And he was shot dead before Sons started production, hence the bullet necklace. “I wear it for him — to remember that flavour he taught me.”

I believe I found a couple of storiesabout his death online. Interesting read imho. Anybody believe it was random road rage? It would be interesting to know if retaliation has happened against the shooter in prison.

Marin woman arrested in Hells Angels slaying - Marin ...

www.marinij.com/ci_9424803?source=pkg
    </div>
    <div class="crc" style="display: inline-block; position: relative; margin-left: 4px;">
        <div class="crl" data-async-context="res:1;ri:;site:marinij.com" data-async-trigger="cra-1" data-ved="0CCkQ5CswAQ" jsaction="crd.tglpop" style="color: rgb(119, 119, 119); cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; font-size: 14px;">
            Marin Independent Journal</div>
    </div>
</div>
<div class="f slp" style="color: rgb(128, 128, 128);">
    &nbsp;</div>
<span class="st" style="line-height: 1.4; word-wrap: break-word;"><span class="f" style="color: rgb(128, 128, 128);">May 30, 2008 -&nbsp;</span><em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal;">William</em>&nbsp;Crompton&nbsp;<em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal;">Maclean</em>, 25, of San Leandro was shot to death ... a Hells Angels member who is serving a sentence at&nbsp;<em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal;">San Quentin</em>&nbsp;State&nbsp;...</span></div>

Shooter sentenced for Mill Valley slaying of Hells Angels ...

www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_13662778?...1
    </div>
    <div class="crc" style="display: inline-block; position: relative; margin-left: 4px;">
        <div class="crl" data-async-context="res:7;ri:;site:contracostatimes.com" data-async-trigger="cra-7" data-ved="0CEIQ5CswBw" jsaction="crd.tglpop" style="color: rgb(119, 119, 119); cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; font-size: 14px;">
            Contra Costa Times</div>
    </div>
</div>
<div class="f slp" style="color: rgb(128, 128, 128);">
    &nbsp;</div>
<span class="st" style="line-height: 1.4; word-wrap: break-word;"><span class="f" style="color: rgb(128, 128, 128);">Oct 28, 2009 -&nbsp;</span>Maclean was shot during a road rage incident in which a burrito was thrown ...&nbsp;<em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal;">William Crompton Maclean</em>&nbsp;was shot to death on May 24, 2008,&nbsp;...</span></div>

Picture of the young man.

William Crompton Maclean was shot to death on May 24, 2008, on northbound Highway 101 in Mill Valley.

Road rage in which a burrito was thrown?

Dayuum. Phone Post 3.0

danggook - Road rage in which a burrito was thrown?

Dayuum. Phone Post 3.0

STREET!

I've seen better acting from a corpse Phone Post 3.0

That kid looks just like Charlie Phone Post 3.0

Burgandy never should have thrown that burrito out the window.
Phone Post 3.0

Yeah the white Air force 1s always seemed kind of off but I know an HA down here in L.A. thats in a rap group...go figure

wasn't jax supposed to be Hamlet?

john76 - wasn't jax supposed to be Hamlet?

Yeah but he got his flavor elsewhere bro. Yay!

Cadillacphat - Burgandy never should have thrown that burrito out the window.
Phone Post 3.0

Thats how I roll

Officer Farvra, or the fat kid who started the puke-O-Rama at the county fair Phone Post 3.0

Which character got his flavor from Randy Marsh?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101228054318/sonsofanarchy/images/0/02/Juice-Ortiz-sons-of-anarchy-10838231-396-316.jpg

JJitsu -

Yeah the white Air force 1s always seemed kind of off but I know an HA down here in L.A. thats in a rap group...go figure

I always thought they were Reebok classics until they did the close-up of him trashing them.
It was an odd wardrobe choice, as far as i was concerned. I thought they'd go with the traditional biker look. But jax is young and California is a gangsters paradise. Everyone that lives here knows that white boys always end up dressing like cholos. Look at the motocross guys; they all look like they just got out of prison Phone Post 3.0

Luncha Libre -

Which character got his flavor from Randy Marsh?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101228054318/sonsofanarchy/images/0/02/Juice-Ortiz-sons-of-anarchy-10838231-396-316.jpg

Yeah boy! Juice be biting my swag! Yay! Phone Post 3.0

I remember an interview that Hunnan gave where he was saying that the only guys who gave him grief over the way he dressed on the show were the mid-40's dentist weekend warrior type of biker guys.

darkness66 - 
JJitsu -

I always thought they were Reebok classics until they did the close-up of him trashing them.
It was an odd wardrobe choice, as far as i was concerned. I thought they'd go with the traditional biker look. But jax is young and California is a gangsters paradise. Everyone that lives here knows that white boys always end up dressing like cholos. Look at the motocross guys; they all look like they just got out of prison Phone Post 3.0

I call it peckerwood fabulous 

A bikie that I'm friends with who is also Sargent at Arms of his particular chapter likes the show but said that he can't believe Jax wears white shoes. Thinks it's fucking stupid. Also says that Bobby is the only one that actually looks the part.

Remember though he is in his 50s and hates the sort of young people that are starting to be involved with MCs. He says people only care about having the patch of their back now, some people have even tried to join and they don't own a bike lol Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post 3.0

Really wish they would have incorporated the burrito throwing into the soa finale Phone Post 3.0