Chatri Sityodtong: “Asian MMA is in its infancy"

Part two of my interview with Evolve MMA Owner Chatri Sityodtong is up Here

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2012/08/16/chatri-sityodtong-asian-mma-is-in-its-infancy-stages-here-and-there-is-unbelievable-room-for-growth/

-John Petit

Excerpt:

“I can’t speak directly about America, but Dana [White] is right – I easily see the UFC being a 15-20 billion dollar company in the future with global expansion,” he continued. “I also see ONE FC being a multi-billion dollar company as well. Asian MMA is in its infancy stages here, and there is unbelievable room for growth. You go around Singapore and maybe 50-100 people in the country have been to a live MMA event. In Asia we shouldn’t even have the word ‘saturation’ in our vocabulary when it comes to MMA.”

He also Gave some tourism advice about visiting Thailand

“Here is a golden rule if you are traveling as tourist in Thailand,” he joked “Don’t pick a fight with a cab driver here because there is a 70% chance he is a former Muay Thai fighter and maybe champion. My point being is that this type of competition is already in our culture and we get it already.”

Sub Phone Post

i agree with him... the UFC has the potential to be huge globally.

MMALOGIC -  i agree with him... the UFC has the potential to be huge globally.

he has some really compelling things to say about Pride and its fall. SUch an interesting guy, loved doing this interview.