Cheap/Accurate BFI measurements?

I've been really curious to see what my body fat % has become since I've been laid up with a messed up knee for about 5 months off and on.

My only stipulations are that it must be cheap and must be somewhat accurate.

I'm currently about 6'3" and anywhere from 160 to 165 ( a good weight for my body type) and would like to keep a journal of my weight loss and gain combines with my fat loss. Thanks.

I found this site and they claim that it's +/- 3.5% of the accuracy of a hydrostatic test.

http://www.biofitness.com/bodyfat.html

I just tried it. It gave me the results I expected. 26.1%

I am part of the fat ass challenge right now, so I'll try it every couple weeks and see what it says.

It told me I need to get down to 155. I think thats a little to low for me right now. I'm aiming for 170. Right now I'm 5'10 182.

It gave me results slightly higher than I expected. I was 17% and it told me to drop to 154. The only problem with that is I'm 6'3" and I can't sustain 154 for too long. I'd like something that takes into account my lanky build although that did give me a good start.

Well I just found about 5 or six different sites that asked for height and measurements and they all say about 13 to 14% which seems more believeable to me.

One asked me to measure my neck and one asked me to measure my wrist. Those seem more reliable since I have a thin frame.

Am I the only one finding it odd that they're recommending weights of 155-ish for guys that are 5'10" to 6'3"?

The easiest and most accurate way for the common individual is to buy a BF caliper and measure at your navel, the back of your arm, the top of your thigh, and add up the three for a total then divide it by three, that will give you a close estimate, that should be within 2% give or take.

Any idea where I could purchase one of these calipers?

155 is possible for me, but I can't stay there for very long, maybe a day at the most. My body type is so fucked up that the most I've ever weighed was 170 and that was partially due to some medications I was taking at the time.

Typically, my best weight is about 162 when I'm training and 162 when I'm not training. I neither gain or loose weight when not exercising anymore, I just change body fat percentage.

But, for the most part, I don't see how too many healthy people, even those with ectomorph builds, can stay at 155.

Heavy hands. www.powernutrition.net has them. Tell them Cassidy sent you and they will help you out.