Checkout my shirts so I can compete please

I have a lot of IBJJF tournaments that I am trying to save up for this year, and Pan Ams and Chicago Open are on the horizon, not to mention Boston, New York and DC Opens also this Spring. I'm tracking airline miles and eating cheap, but need to make up the difference and every little bit helps. If anyone is into it, I have a small online shop for a project I started producing jiu jitsu art and media. Check out the site if you have a spare minute. Aside from the shop and t shirts, there is some photo and written content was well.

www.sinkswimjiujitsu.com

@sinkswimjiujitsu on Instagram

ttt

Do all the shirts in the shop benefit you or just the “war in my mind” shirt?

It’s all my project. I don’t make enough to do much other than just recycle it into the next batch of shirts but I’m almost broken even, so I’m hoping to make some scratch for competition.

kennyfrommd -

It’s all my project. I don’t make enough to do much other than just recycle it into the next batch of shirts but I’m almost broken even, so I’m hoping to make some scratch for competition.

What I would LIKE to hit in the first quarter of the year as far as major tournaments are concerned:

Pan Ams

Chicago Open

DC Open

Boston Open

New York Open

Worlds

I'll definitely be hitting a local Judo tournament to test my mettle in March, and sprinkle in any US Grappling, New Breed, Grappling Industries, NAGA, and Good Fight tournaments between all of these events. I want to hit it hard while I am still a brown belt. Note that I'm not begging for handouts, just trying to scrape money together through selling stuff from my online shop and working a ton of odd jobs in addition to my day to day. Unfortunately do to a major axel rebuild/regearing on my Jeep, my credit card is super full.

kennyfrommd -

Kenny, 

If you are not making enough sales, perhaps you should switch things up

BJJ Ragg Doll -
kennyfrommd -

Kenny, 

If you are not making enough sales, perhaps you should switch things up

Don't get me wrong, I've sold plenty and am still getting orders. I'm happy with how things are going. Just wanted to send a reminder out to maybe spike things as I'm looking to make money like.. RIGHT NOW for these upcoming tournaments. 

Curious what you mean by switch things up though.

I have your Arte Suave shirt which I think you sold as a fund raiser for some charity a while ago. Well made soft shirt. I love that shirt. Good luck!

liuk3 -

I have your Arte Suave shirt which I think you sold as a fund raiser for some charity a while ago. Well made soft shirt. I love that shirt. Good luck!

Thanks man! Yes, that was when I was raising money for the Cantagalo Social Project which is doing amazing things in Rio, and getting bigger and better every day!

Sure, i'll snatch up that Mickey Mouse tee.

When I get some extra money ill buy one

I'm trying to walk a fine line between building something up, and supporting/sharing with the people around me. I've been reaching out to a ton of athletes, basically just offering product because I am a fan of their jiu jitsu, or believe in them and want to support in whatever little way I can. 

I'm hoping to have a few new shirts out soon, as well as gi patches, and as long as the design formats properly, some embroidered hats and stuff too. I've been writing a ton and have some things on the way as far as published articles and photo/video stuff too. I'll be shooting some photos at most of the East Coast IBJJF tounraments, but hoping (starting in the summer) to be able to make some Cali connections as well.

when are you coming out w/ more shirts? i was about to get the arte suave one until i read your last post. if it’s in the next few days i’ll wait if not i’ll probably order from what you have. good luck competing.

esssee - when are you coming out w/ more shirts? i was about to get the arte suave one until i read your last post. if it's in the next few days i'll wait if not i'll probably order from what you have. good luck competing.

It will be a bit, I’m waiting on some embroidery samples for hats and have to tweak the next design a bit before they go to print

Can you share some competition footage? Would love to see it

I just recently started recording my matches again. Mostly I’m distracted at IBJJF tournaments so I don’t usually remember to set my go pro out but I’ll try.