Chef Books

Chef kitchen books in general...  Or brewing.  Anyone have any to recommend?  I'd already read Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential and Bill Buford's Heat.  I'm gonna order Beer School byt the Brooklyn Brewing guys at some point...  Any other must reads?

Radical Brewing by Mosher, Brew Like a Monk by Heironymus I think you'd especially like, ummm, Jamil and John Palmer are writing a book, I'm sure that will be good. If you want to get more in depth, George Fix and the Seibel institute both have textbooks on brewing. They're expensive, but probably more information-dense than anything else out there.

I've also heard good things about Designing Great Beers by Ray Daniels.

Beer School was ok, but it's more about the business than the beer.

I want to read about the business side.

Already read designing great beers.  Brew Like a Monk is on my list already.  I love brewing belgian beers...

the Dogfish Head brewers have a book out too, I think it deals with the business end.

Hmm k, will have to look for it.

On Food and Cooking by Harold McGee is probably in as many chef's shelves as any book out there.  Not a cookbook but with more information than any other cookbook made.  For Business side you already have the two I know of. 

Larousse Gastronomique is like the BIBLE of cooking. It's an 80 dollar
book but WELL WORTH IT. Set up like an encyclopedia with almost every
damn thing about food you can think of, alphabetically entered.

Food Lovers Companion is another good knowledge book....similar to
Gastronomique but A LOT smaller and cheaper.

As far as "cook-books" go.....the Culinaria series is EXCELLENT. They
hacve them for almost every region in the world. Gives background
information on history, culture, cultivation, as well as authentic recipes.
You can find them on ebay for good prices......"Culinaria Carribbean" is
one of the harder ones to find. They have a whole section on
rastafarianism as well as a recipe for "rasta brownies". the info is
definately in-depth if they're going to put sections about rastas in there.

I don't think my local grocery store is going to carry all of the indgrediants for the Rasta brownies.

all but one