Chefs have some of the biggest egos

So I got a new part time sushi roller job. I have learned or rolled sushi for bout 3 years now. I don't call myself a Sushi chef because it's kinda frowned on if you have not rolled for 10 years plus. I'm also a "round-eye". Meaning I'm not asian. Other Asian sushi chefs look down on round-eyes and will not give us a chance at the field.

I got into the field because a friend of mine was running a sushi place and he needed help. He is Asian himself and had been a sushi chef since highschool. It's all he's ever wanted to be. He taught me everything I know and over time I became his best roller besides him. I was promoted to day-time manager and head roller.

The owner ended up selling the place. So my sushi master (which he is) ended up working at another place but he was not the guy running the place. So I could not be hired. That was ok with me really since it's not what I wanted to do with my life but I still wanted to have a part time roller gig. But the new place would not hire me anyways since I'm a round-eye. They refuse to hire non-asians. This is very common in the sushi game outside of the most leftist places like Portland.

So I was on the shelf for over a year but I still had my other job. Well this place in town wanted to start doing sushi with their other dishes. They wanted me to run the whole sushi side.

It was a gig no asian sushi guy would take. It didn't pay high enough for the Asians guys. It was only 2 dollars less an hour but for me a round-eye the pay was great. I also am in control of my own hours. I come in when I want and I take days off if I want. I have no boss and no one would be in my way when I'm working.

So I told my sushi master the news and he was not happy. He was upset that I would take the job. I told him the details and that no asian would take the job cuz the pay would be below their pride would let them.

He know they need a person like me. I asked him if he thought I was good enough since it's easy rolls to do and he said yes. But he wanted me to not take the job. He even said that if I do I need to tell my job I need to start two weeks later then the start date so I can get up with my sushi master to work knocking the rust off.

So I did and my job was fine with it. But my sushi master never got up with me. He has not talked to me in over 2 weeks. He never planned on helping me get right. He just wanted me to wait 2 weeks for no reason. Missing out on money I could have been making. I have know this guy for 10 years now and we have been friends since. Now he let his ego get in the way.

FRAT! Give us the hand roll version of the story.

Frat:

-I got a new sushi rolling gig.

-it's a job that only non-Asians would want cuz of the pay. It's still great but not sushi chef level

-I would make my own hours and work only when I want to.

-I tell my friend and sushi master about the job and he's upset I took it. He's asian and knows I could not get another sushi roller job anywhere else even if I wanted.

-he asked me to take 2 weeks of so he could train me more. He didn't try to train me at all and has not talked to me since.

Show some pics of your sushi. Phone Post 3.0

Show us your dick

If white guys were sushi chefs, SJWs would call for diversity in the field.

Since they're not white?

It's awesome they protect their culture and keep you out!

Good luck advancing. I love sushi and certainly wouldn't want to deal with bloated chef ego.

I've noticed even shitball people have egos in food now, though.

Assholes working Applebee's saying they are chefs, etc.

Chefs have become such celebs it draws wannabes. Phone Post 3.0

Don't know what to say, odd situation. Just kick the shit out of them w your awesome sushi skills and let them suck on that. Do it for us round eyes Phone Post 3.0

Show us your cock! Phone Post 3.0

Wait a sec. Round-eye means non-Asian? Who knew? Phone Post 3.0

crazydave - Show some pics of your sushi. Phone Post 3.0

I'll post pics when I'm at work. But like I said. It's all easy BS rolls.

Cali's
Philly
Spicy cali's
Tempura shrimp rolls.

Below my skill but it's still higher then what a round eye should be doing.

I've been a "chef" for seven years now, and I totally agree. Phone Post 3.0

So why is he pissed? You don't work for him anymore, what's his fuckin problem? Phone Post 3.0

So you're like that guy from the league? Phone Post 3.0

JeffersonDArcyChoke - If white guys were sushi chefs, SJWs would call for diversity in the field.

Since they're not white?

It's awesome they protect their culture and keep you out!

Good luck advancing. I love sushi and certainly wouldn't want to deal with bloated chef ego.

I've noticed even shitball people have egos in food now, though.

Assholes working Applebee's saying they are chefs, etc.

Chefs have become such celebs it draws wannabes. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed. No one cares that non-asian are given shit about it.

Bilge Water - So why is he pissed? You don't work for him anymore, what's his fuckin problem? Phone Post 3.0

No idea. He knows I'm good enough. He knows I can't get work anywhere else. He knows I can't work with him.

Unless you've done nothing but cleaned the rice for the first two years, you ain't no sushi chef

All of the best sushi chefs I've known have been white. White guys are nit bogged down by traditional rolls and think outside of the box to create unique rolls that Asians typically won't try to make because of ingredient respect or some bullshit.

My advice would be to run the fuck out of that sushi program and create some killer ass rolls that make the squints wish they had Phone Post 3.0

BruteDion -
Bilge Water - So why is he pissed? You don't work for him anymore, what's his fuckin problem? Phone Post 3.0

No idea. He knows I'm good enough. He knows I can't get work anywhere else. He knows I can't work with him.
Well, he showed you what kind of a "friend" he is.

Didn't even cost you twenty bucks. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck you round eye. Phone Post 3.0

I read your OP in an Asian accent. Phone Post 3.0