Chi-town OGers - Wat do?

Going to be in Chicago next Monday - Wednesday. Staying walking distance from soldier field with friends. Any advice on what to see / do? Anyone like beers?

Any place I could trane some BJJ? If so, how much for a drop in, gi / no gi etc? This would be great but I am more concerned about the first question.

Thanks!

I should add I will be there with my GF, so sightseeing advice is much appreciated :)

There's this place in englewood...

If you're going to be right by soldier field, there are tons of touristy things around there. Field museum, Shedd Aquarium, Navy Pier (a little bit of a walk for that one), Millennium Park, etc.. That's all some basic ass tourist shit. Plus restaurants galore downtown.

Thanks. Also, I would like to avoid getting shot while there.

^^ Don't go past 63rd and Ashland on the Red line and you'll be fine. Just so you know a considerable amount of crime happens in very small, impoverished communities on the far south side or to the west. Downtown where you are staying is pretty damn safe

When I visited there in 2010, I rode the Red Line into the part of town you're in and tackled it all on foot.

Echoing TDogg's post, you've got all that plus the Sears (Willis) Tower and the Art Institute.

I'll only add from my experience is allow more time than you think you'll need for everything. I went to the Art Institute right when it opened thinking I'd spend about an hour there and ended up spending about four.

TDogg926 - If you're going to be right by soldier field, there are tons of touristy things around there. Field museum, Shedd Aquarium, Navy Pier (a little bit of a walk for that one), Millennium Park, etc.. That's all some basic ass tourist shit. Plus restaurants galore downtown.
^^^this
Also for the bjj, plenty of solid schools in the loop area. There's a thread in the Atama forum about gyms in the loop area. Phone Post 3.0

Rickson bb Dino Costeas at pow mma is short cab ride. Also for upscale ish go to publican or girl and goat. . Great food. Phone Post

Isaac298 - ^^ Don't go past 63rd and Ashland on the Red line and you'll be fine. Just so you know a considerable amount of crime happens in very small, impoverished communities on the far south side or to the west. Downtown where you are staying is pretty damn safe

Red Line is shut down from 95th to Chinatown for the next 6 months.

Are you talking about the Green Line?

PatK - 
Isaac298 - ^^ Don't go past 63rd and Ashland on the Red line and you'll be fine. Just so you know a considerable amount of crime happens in very small, impoverished communities on the far south side or to the west. Downtown where you are staying is pretty damn safe

Red Line is shut down from 95th to Chinatown for the next 6 months.

Are you talking about the Green Line?

Oh shit that's right, well then he is fine. Totally forgot about that.

Thanks bros. Really appreciate the input.

Besides pizza, is there any local delicacy (like Katz in NYC, Permanti Bros in PBGH, Geno's in PHI) that is "can't miss"?

Also, best pizza in the windy city?

Wovito - Thanks bros. Really appreciate the input.

Besides pizza, is there any local delicacy (like Katz in NYC, Permanti Bros in PBGH, Geno's in PHI) that is "can't miss"?

Italian Beef sandwich - get one at Portillo's or Al's Beef. Alsao get the chocolate cake if you go to Portillo's, you will thank me.

Italian Beefs are a Chicago thing.

Garrets popcorn is incredible. Phone Post 3.0

Wovito - Thanks bros. Really appreciate the input.

Hot Doug's
Giordano's
Portillos
Gino's east Phone Post 3.0

Burgers - Kuma's Corner

Pizza - Pequod's

Wovito - Thanks bros. Really appreciate the input.

Italian Beef Sandwich with giardinera, or the beef and sausage combo if you're a real man

Gino's East deep dish with the sausage patty = mana from heaven

As mentioned, Garrett's popcorn is spectacular, get the Chicago Mix (cheddar cheese w/caramel corn) Phone Post

Sho_Gunn - Burgers - Kuma's Corner

Pizza - Pequod's

Kuma's Corner has the best burgers I've ever eaten Phone Post